diy solar

diy solar

>>> TimeShifting an MPP LV5048

kWhShifter

Here in NYC I can buy a kWh for 1.55¢ between Midnight and 8am ALL YEAR.

Other periods, the rate changes between 8¢ and 22¢ per kWh.

Obviously, in non-emergency situations, I'd like to charge my battery DAILY between Midnight and 8am-- ie: Time/Cost-Shift.

After reading the MPP manuals I don't see a setting to explicitly set the charging period.

Am I missing it-- or is there a hack?

Perhaps another all-in-one unit I child look at?

Thanks.

It likely has an ac grid connection schedule settings scheme. Id look in that area of the menu structure.

Any company reps lurking here....???

Can Time/Cost-Shifting be done with this unit & current software?

I've got an idea for a hack which involves the dry contact...

But it would be nice to hear from a rep before I post my hack for comments.

Thnx.

There seems to be two different software packages for the MPP units:

1) LV5048 -- WatchPower software -- Looks like there are no Time Shifting Settings
2) LV2424 -- SolarPower software -- "Off-Peak Duration" parameter setting

The documentation is a bit unclear on the "Off-Peak Duration" setting, however it does provide a place to enter clock start/stop settings.

Can someone PLEASE confirm that this parameter is used to define when, and only when the Grid will charge a battery bank...???

Im gonna start a new thread on this because it is not specifically a LV5048 Question.

THANKS.

So I think it is still unclear whether the 5048 model has a time/cost-shifting setting in the shipping software.

I have seen ads on eBay (4/2020) for the 5048 which seem to show that the "SolarPower" software application DOES ship with the latest production units. If this is the case, then the 5048 would do time/cost-shifting under the "Off-Peak Duration" setting.

It would be nice if someone could confirm the above to close out this thread..... Thnx.

Just to close out this thread:

I know it may seem obvious/trivial--

The "SolarPower" software package will NOT monitor/control the LV5048.

Only the "WatchPower" package seems to be available for the LV5048.

There is limited subset of settable parameters in the "WatchPower" software.

Compare the Software if you need specific functionality:

WatchPower-- https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/catalogs/WatchPower user manual.pdf

SolarPower-- https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/catalogs/SolarPower user manual for Hybrid 2KW 3KW Inverter.pdf

Back