diy solar

diy solar

Timeusb Battery

nailer

Has anyone used the TimeUSB battery?
Seems to be similar to the other cheaper style batteries.
Just have not seen any reviews on them.

I bought 2 for my 12v system. As I was reading the manual, there was a line "your new Ampere battery, " so I'm guessing they are made by Ampere and relabeled as TimeUSB.
I'm still gathering components, so haven't really done much with them.
Their customer service is pretty awesome. After purchasing, their CS department asked what type system I was building, 12 or 24, and application. When I told them a 12v, bus conversion, they sent my information on wiring it up.

Hey guys, I was trying to find a 200Ah battery for my RV and have the same question, so I did some research by searching "time usb 200Ah" on Amazon, and find it, looks good to go. I also find a unboxing video for by some other guy form IL, as we can see in the video, I got the tracking code for his order, it took 7 days by UPS, which he said it was sent from CA. It gives me some confidence to try, it's cheaper than most others anyway, lol. I'll update.
Oops, this is the video

Resurrecting an old thread... I have 4 of the 12.8v 100AH PRO batteries. Got them on sale on amazon as a "4 pack". They have been working great, but I must have been the last person to be able to buy them. They went Out of Stock right after I bought them on Amazon and on the TimeUSB website. I went to buy some similar ones, but received a message from TimeUSB asking if I was going to be using these 4 110AH with my 100AH PRO batteries and that the 110AH are used, so they will degrade the PRO batteries if used with them. Very nice of them to reach out for that! I cancelled my order for the 110AH batteries, but REALLY want to get 4 more of the PRO batteries. they've been working great!!

I added 4 more of these batteries to my system (first set purchased end of Feb 2023, new set May 2023). I balanced them all (charged each 12v battery individually, then hooked all 4 of the "newer" batteries together in parallel for at least 12 hours, then did the same to my "older" batteries). I have one battery that, when the entire bank is charged full (from the inverter 48v), is showing 16.xx volts. The others are showing around 13.4. As soon as the battery starts getting used (discharging), it drops back down to in-line with the other 3 batteries in that series. I feel like this is too high of a voltage for a LifePoe4 battery. Anyone else ever experienced this??

This one is in spanish, but you can use google translate if you want:

Pros
-Have more capacity than advertised
-BMS works well
-LiFePo4 cells (secure and durable, +4000 cycles)
-IP65
-Price
-Well build
-Support

Cons
-No connectivity
-No heat up
-No low temp protection (temps below 0 are bad for LiFePo4 batteries if you charge them in bad conditions)

In my experience, is a great battery and their prices are awesome.

Amazon is offering the TimeUSB 100 a/h battery for $215 including shipping. By far the lowest price I've seen.

I have a couple of these in use for a month or two now, love them. Ordered two more that should be here in a few days. I have no complaints with them. Have run them completely down a couple times now and the BMS shut them off for low discharge, just used my solar panel connection and two wires to "wake" them back up and get going again.

I was planning on expanding my system, and adding on to my other 2, and they changed the battery to the PRO version. I emailed the company, and was informed that the 2 were not compatible, and shouldn't be wired in either series or parallel. So, I now do I just utilize these in another way or sell them, and just start over? Or is there a way to connect them without a problem?

Back