diy solar

diy solar

To buy solar mini splits directly from Deye at a discount with warranty??

schmenkee

I'm curious if it's a good idea to buy directly from the OEM that makes these solar units. They are much cheaper and offer 3 years full unit warranty and 5 years for compressor. The owner seems very active in responding to customers. Have a look at their site:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade if they'v chosen EG4 units.

Minimum order 1000. Got some place to put shipping containers?? Seriously however you would be dealing with a "trading company" (Chinese Middleman) like you linked in another thread.

I know people are pretty handy around here at getting batteries and cells direct. Perhaps someone will pipe up estimated cost for getting a 150lbs here with approximate value of "$1000".

I glanced looked like $300-500 (shipping/Customs/bribes/ripoff/etc) for one with 50/50 chance of receiving nothing....you first!

Well I didn't mean to torpedo your thread. I will also say glancing in the past, I will swear only recently did Deye change from minimum order "1", which I thought about looking into, to minimum 1000. Maybe ask them again.

Qty 1 is still available from trading companies, by all means look into it??? Perhaps others will still weigh in ...

Well I didn't mean to torpedo your thread. I will also say glancing in the past, I will swear only recently did Deye change from minimum order "1", which I thought about looking into, to minimum 1000. Maybe ask them again.

Qty 1 is still available from trading companies, by all means look into it??? Perhaps others will still weigh in ...
Ha. No worries. That's what discussion is all about. We are all learning. However I thought I saw an Alibaba link that allowed the purchase of 1 Solar heat pump. Then again I looked at a bunch of links and probably confused. I can always email Kevin, the owner of Deye directly. He's very responsive.

Boom:

It has a "STIN" sticker on it, but it's CLEARLY a Deye unit. Min. order starts at one.

OK, from the response so far: $1150 shipping for 4 units with R-410A in the outside unit. Without, $870.

Lines are short. 3M for 12K and 4M for 24K.

So lines would need to be vacuumed. Anyone done this? Buy a shutoff valve to put between unit and lines to vacuum lines before opening up to charge the lines from unit, correct?

So I asked, he said yes and included certificate:

Household And Similar Electrical Appliances, Part 1: General Requirements [UL 60335-1:2016 Ed.6]
Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Part 2 - 40: Particular Requirements for Electrical Heat Pumps, Air-Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers [UL 60335-2-40:2019 Ed.3]
Safety of Household and Similar Appliances - Part 1: General Requirements [CSA C22.2#60335-1:2016
Ed.2]
Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-40: Particular Requirements for Electrical Heat Pumps, Air-Conditioners and Dehumidifiers [CSA C22.2#60335-2-40: 2019 Ed.3]
Inverters, Converters, Controllers and Interconnection System Equipment for use with Distributed Energy Resources [UL 1741:2010 Ed.2+R:16Sep2020]
Power Conversion Equipment [CSA C22.2#107.1:2016 Ed.4]

But, the label says this and I thought we were to always look for the big "UL" ...I assume "manufacturer claims complies or conforms" but not listed or certified..

20230402_113114.jpg

Probably up to the local inspector. Mike Holt? has a video that says the code mentions “listed” equipment. It doesn’t have to be UL. But most inspectors demand it…
Intertek can certify to UL standards and their official mark is ETL. It is Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory just like UL and TUV. Most Chinese companies like to use intertek because they are faster and cheaper than UL. If they truly have the the certificate then you can look them up on interteks website to confirm.

I know people are pretty handy around here at getting batteries and cells direct. Perhaps someone will pipe up estimated cost for getting a 150lbs here with approximate value of "$1000".

Well, I did buy my air to water heatpump (100kg/220lbs, R32 refrigirant, 8kW) directly from the Chinese manufacturer. Total cost including shipping (DDP, so including all taxes etc) was under 2k Euro. Same heat pump from a European distributor was double that, excluding shipping to Finland...

Back