diy solar

diy solar

TP6048

Jim Burrow

Solar Enthusiast
No one seems to talk about the TP6048 in this group.
This TP6048 is an 6000W 48V Hybrid Solar Inverter Grid Tie Inverter for Solar Panel Split Phase 120/240VAC (Grid Feedback & Batteryless) - from SunGoldPower
Anyway, I ordered it this past Monday and on Saturday it was at my doorsteps. It was extremely will package and in no way could it be damage in shipping.

This controller will be replacing my LV2424 all-in-one controller as I needed a controller that can output 220vac (and I didn't want to use an Autotransformer) and not have to play around with the wiring in my electrical braker box/panel.

I used this LV2424 controller for 18 months and if anyone living in California bay area, I'm willing to let it go.
I will be spending the winter wiring up the TP6048 on a back board before connecting it to my Utility. And no, I will not be feeding power back to the Grid. it is illegal to do that in my town.

So are you planing to run it with batteries?
I am in North bay, Novato, and may be interested in the LV2424, I am running LV1012 right now.
BTW, the weather is suck right now in bay area, my solar production is down to 25%.

I've been running one. Overall I'm happy.
It's the same thing as the LVX6048 and nearly the same as eg4 6k.
Agreed that shipping was quick and packaging was great, ordered direct from SGP.

So are you planing to run it with batteries?
I am in North bay, Novato, and may be interested in the LV2424, I am running LV1012 right now.
BTW, the weather is suck right now in bay area, my solar production is down to 25%.
It the moment, just cheap 12-volt batters connected in series. I that that would be better than no battery. the reason for the 12 vdc cheap batteries is that I cannot afford $1300 plus for a signal 48vdc battery.

I live in Livermore, not to fair from you, less than an hour due to traffic. I'm retired and home all the time.

This TP6048 is an 6000W 48V Hybrid Solar Inverter Grid Tie Inverter for Solar Panel Split Phase 120/240VAC (Grid Feedback & Batteryless) - from SunGoldPower
Anyway, I ordered it this past Monday and on Saturday it was at my doorsteps. It was extremely will package and in no way could it be damage in shipping.

This controller will be replacing my LV2424 all-in-one controller as I needed a controller that can output 220vac (and I didn't want to use an Autotransformer) and not have to play around with the wiring in my electrical braker box/panel.

I used this LV2424 controller for 18 months and if anyone living in California bay area, I'm willing to let it go.
I will be spending the winter wiring up the TP6048 on a back board before connecting it to my Utility. And no, I will not be feeding power back to the Grid. it is illegal to do that in my town.

I bought the tp6048 in Dec 2022 .I have had it up and running for about 20 days. Overall I like the unit but it has some cons that I do not like. My biggest is that feedback from inverter to solar is battery voltage so make sure you have good diodes for solar panels or it could put extra drain on battery.
Second is the tech support it has been lacking at best. Never get straight answer, just send videos, then they don't answer question related to problem or concern. other issues are the delay time from switching from pv/battery to grid . So if you have anything of refrigeration or ac units put a time delay on device or it could kick out overload on compressor ( 4 min is best it gives time for pressure to equalize ).Some other things is that the fans draw heat from top of unit to bottom which I found gets the wires very warm. I took bottom cover off this helps a lot but unit doesn't look as tidy now . Would I buy again ? probably. Going to wait and see how this holds up . Looked at specification's on a brand call mrpower the lv6048 which specification and look as same as sungold tp6048. They have a phone number if you need tech support in case you need help. Which I think would be helpful .

Yo Jim, .. Is that the Sungoldpower 6000W 48V Split Phase Hybrid Solar Inverter TP6048 you are dialing in? ... I like the specs of usa 240vac slit phase out option from just one unit, + the batteryless option, and PV Input of up to 450 vdc for kind of low price (@ $1,365.00 on sungoldpower website). Will P. recently reviewed a Sungold Inverter that he had issues with (think more expensive $2100 IP6048 with 2 x PV inputs of up to 600vdc / but it would not charge his Tesla properly during his test) ... I will be interested your experience with what you bought, ... after you get it dialed in. ... P.S. I noticed a bunch of good reviews on sungoldpower's website, in contrast to some iffy reviews on youtube.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought from Sungodpower. I couldn't find any review videos from Will or much discussion in our group on this controller. It will be a while before I get to connect it to my electrical braker subpanel to my house as my daughter is dying of cancer and I'm down in Southern California some 400 where I live near San Francisco.

My home is limited to 50A service and only the outside A/C uses the 220vac. The rest of the house is all low voltage, that is led's TV lights. But it's the Microwave that may cause me a program as it draws 1800 watts.
I have gone through my house and measured every device power draw. And I think this controller will work for me. The only other problem is that I only have 6 solar panels, so I will have to connect them in Series. Hate to do that but that is the only configuration to get the required PV voltage input.
Also Due to the price of 48vdc lithium batteries, I may have to run the controller without batteries at first. The Utilities power kicks in with there is not enough power from the Arrays. However, I could mix and match other batteries to get my 48-volt requirement but would only be temporarily until I can afford good batters. Hence, I don't care if I destroy these temp batteries.

Yes, I bought from Sungodpower. I couldn't find any review videos from Will or much discussion in our group on this controller. It will be a while before I get to connect it to my electrical braker subpanel to my house as my daughter is dying of cancer and I'm down in Southern California some 400 where I live near San Francisco.

My home is limited to 50A service and only the outside A/C uses the 220vac. The rest of the house is all low voltage, that is led's TV lights. But it's the Microwave that may cause me a program as it draws 1800 watts.
I have gone through my house and measured every device power draw. And I think this controller will work for me. The only other problem is that I only have 6 solar panels, so I will have to connect them in Series. Hate to do that but that is the only configuration to get the required PV voltage input.
Also Due to the price of 48vdc lithium batteries, I may have to run the controller without batteries at first. The Utilities power kicks in with there is not enough power from the Arrays. However, I could mix and match other batteries to get my 48-volt requirement but would only be temporarily until I can afford good batters. Hence, I don't care if I destroy these temp batteries.
try this for batteries" https://batteryevo.com " LIFEPO4 battery. I have been using these on an older sungold inverter for 2 years they seem to hold up well. It was a 12 volt system so I did have to convert to 48 . Which I just bought cable from evo to make the 4) 12 volt batteries to 48 volts .I did find that the 48 volts held up better than when they where 12 volts even though I had higher amp hours as 12 volt system. lesson learned, the higher the dc volts the better when converting to ac. I think that is why they want a 120 dc volts minimum from solar for conversion . I am using 16 ) 240 watt panels 8 in series and then 2 strings in parallel (@30.4 volts per panel ) I am very happy with the results. I am going to build to a total of 24 panels as funds become available. Use this online calculator and you will see higher dc equals less dc amp draw on converting to ac . https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/dc-to-ac-amperage-conversion-run-through-an-inverter.html . The inverter amp rating load is 25 amps per unit according to the app. Your microwave will draw 15 amps ac when on full power. watts divided by volts = amps . hope I was helpful

try this for batteries" https://batteryevo.com " LIFEPO4 battery. I have been using these on an older sungold inverter for 2 years they seem to hold up well. It was a 12 volt system so I did have to convert to 48 . Which I just bought cable from evo to make the 4) 12 volt batteries to 48 volts .I did find that the 48 volts held up better than when they where 12 volts even though I had higher amp hours as 12 volt system. lesson learned, the higher the dc volts the better when converting to ac. I think that is why they want a 120 dc volts minimum from solar for conversion . I am using 16 ) 240 watt panels 8 in series and then 2 strings in parallel (@30.4 volts per panel ) I am very happy with the results. I am going to build to a total of 24 panels as funds become available. Use this online calculator and you will see higher dc equals less dc amp draw on converting to ac . https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/dc-to-ac-amperage-conversion-run-through-an-inverter.html . The inverter amp rating load is 25 amps per unit according to the app. Your microwave will draw 15 amps ac when on full power. watts divided by volts = amps . hope I was helpful
thanks for the battery tip. I will checkout the link

diy solar

diy solar
Back