diy solar

diy solar

Tracer 4210AN Temp sensor function setting ??

NZKIWI

Tracer 4210AN Temp sensor ??
I had a look at the manual ( https://www.epsolarpv.com/upload/cert/file/1811/Tracer-AN-SMS-EL-V1.0.pdf ) and it says that the low temp protection will stop charging and discharging users setting . my question is for a lifepo4 battery i would want low temp charge cut off at say 5c but by sounds of manual that will also cut discharging at same time and 5c temperature which is not handy as discharge low temp is -20c is that just the way it is or would there be a solution i don't see or understand ??

page 23 of manual = When the temperature detected by the optional temperature sensor is lower than the Low Temperature Protection Threshold (LTPT), the controller will stop charging and discharging automatically. When the detected temperature is higher than the LTPT, the controller will be working automatically (The LTPT is 0 °C by default and can be set within the range of 10 ~ -40 °C).

Thanks for the reply , but still I am still uncertain because if I set the low temperature protection threshold at 5c and this will stop both charging and discharging at 5c and i don't want it to stop discharging at 5c as battery can to discharge as low as -20c.
I'm open to the idea I may not understand the terminology ? but I'm taking that discharging as being use of the battery power.

Back