diy solar

diy solar

Transfer Switch

danwouden

I would like to install an automatic transfer switch to run one outlet when the grid goes out. I have 7.6 KW solar system with no battery backup.

Transfer switch will not work if you are regular grid tie. Grid tie PV systems automatically stop producing if utility is lost.

Transfer switch will not work if you are regular grid tie. Grid tie PV systems automatically stop producing if utility is lost.

Different to the EU then, I have GT system and an ATS which works fine during a power cut using the EPS output on the GT inverter.

Different to the EU then, I have GT system and an ATS which works fine during a power cut using the EPS output on the GT inverter.
Most grid tie systems in the US are microinverter. Most often here in the US you will need a hybrid AIO system (with battery) if you want to maintain power though there are a few grid tie setups that provide an outlet. Grid tie inverters need a grid to parallel with.

Most grid tie systems in the US are microinverter. Most often here in the US you will need a hybrid AIO system (with battery) if you want to maintain power though there are a few grid tie setups that provide an outlet. Grid tie inverters need a grid to parallel with.

As a registered Solar PV installer in the UK, all modern later that ~ 6 Years old Grid Tie inverters, be that Micro inverters or String have an EPS output capability for Islanding mode.

As a registered Solar PV installer in the UK, all modern later that ~ 6 Years old Grid Tie inverters, be that Micro inverters or String have an EPS output capability for Islanding mode.
While knowing such exist I am not conversant with their operation. I would hazard to guess if this was the OP setup he would know what it provides so I guess we would need to hear back from him.

I have a solis inverter and it comes with a load out socket, which can be connected to a standard uk socket.
My installer contacted me to say that he can now install from this connection some feeds to say the lighting circuit, it can’t go to your consumer unit but a separate unit with a connection between the two, there has to be a safe way to switch either auto or manually or things will sizzle and burn.
It works only if a battery is installed which I have, but I wish it was bigger.

diy solar

diy solar
Back