diy solar

diy solar

Trophy Battery Experience

NEpowerandlight

I recently ordered 2 - 48v 220ah batteries. Almost within minutes of placing my order online Dan sent me a text with a picture of my batteries labeled and ready to ship. It took about 2 days for Fed Ex to get them from Ga to rural Pa.

Hats off to Dan on the way he packs them for shipping. He uses wooden crates with metal reinforcing and surrounds the batteries with think dense foam. Everything is well secured to the pallet and centered on the pallet which I would guess minimizes the chances of forklift damage.

Now as you can see in the picture one battery was missing a faceplate. I thought it may have somehow became dislodged during shipping but after a careful search I could not find it among the packing material. Contacted Dan and he quickly sent me a faceplate. I assume the faceplate was never installed and got over looked along the way. There was no evidence the adhesive attached faceplate was ever installed (no residue). Also no visible signs of damage where the faceplate should have been. All in all not a big deal and I'm satisfied with Dan's response and installing the faceplate was easy peazy.

When I factored the total cost it was less than the equivalent in watt hours of EG4LL 48v batteries. Add in the fact Trophy uses high quality cells and BMS along with a heater and it was a no brainer or so it seems. It was @Will Prowse review that drove me in that direction.

I should have the system built and running in another month or so. I'll update this thread once everything is up and running.

20220901_190155.jpg

I'm looking at Trophy for my cabin in Eastern WA state because of the sub-freezing temps for months on end. Good to know they ship solid. How much beer & pizza did you spend getting strapping youths to haul those things around? ?

I've had 6 of these since March or so. I've got mine in an insulated/heated cabinet I built, but the heaters are a great failsafe for me. Just starting to get cold now, will be interesting to see how they do in -20F this winter.

I have 4 Trophy 220Ah’s and they are absolutely perfect. They work as described and delivery was unbelievably fast. Dan has been only a phone call away and supported any and all questions I had. Getting ready to by another set soon to complete my system.

I haven’t tried any other brand but the 4 I have I love. Another small plus is the fact that each battery came in at least 10 Ah more than advertised. 3x 230Ah 1 x 237 Ah. Cell voltages were well balanced and within 0.004v of each other.

I'm looking at Trophy for my cabin in Eastern WA state because of the sub-freezing temps for months on end. Good to know they ship solid. How much beer & pizza did you spend getting strapping youths to haul those things around? ?
I was able to get them in myself with the help of a hand truck. The height of the pallet and the hand truck combined with creative use of the packing foam facilitated moving it from pallet to hand truck without lifting.

I wish I had some strong youths who would work for beer and pizza. I did enlist my son in law to help me lift them on to my homemade battery rack.

I used a two wheeler and then a Floor Jack to get them installed. They are heavy.

Attachments

• DE66A8A0-32A3-4342-B3F4-6B64B2FECC1C.jpeg
    DE66A8A0-32A3-4342-B3F4-6B64B2FECC1C.jpeg
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 73

diy solar

diy solar
Back