diy solar

diy solar

Trophy Battery out of business?

jlt30

I sent an email to Dan at Trophy Battery a few days ago with no response. That seemed odd as he usually responds pretty quickly. So I tried to call the phone number listed on the web site 803-340-6211 and got a "this number is out of service". Anyone know what's happening at Trophy Battery?

No, it appears there is an error on the web site. They list the wrong phone number. The correct number is 803-380-6211

They are just as good as everyone else's server rack packs, but they have no labels on the packs and the website needs some work. Dan is great, and does his best to help everyone. Even the other distributors like him. I really wish he could add some logos to his packs and make the website look nicer.

And no, they are not going out of business

These guys seem to be about the most honest out there.. Also note, if you're going big? They just started selling a rather competitively priced (though physically hefty.. over 240lb) 300-304ah unit! Very cool.

These guys seem to be about the most honest out there.. Also note, if you're going big? They just started selling a rather competitively priced (though physically hefty.. over 240lb) 300-304ah unit! Very cool.
It's already on my x-mas list for when I win the lotto. ?

Thanks for the heads up.

Replaced my 16 golf cart batteries with 3 Trophy 100 Amp Hour batteries. I just love them, no more battery husbandry. looking at buying a fourth. Talked with Dan quite a bit to understand the charge and discharge specifics. Dan is one of the most customer-focused salespersons I have ever worked with. My challenge was to get my open-loop Morningstar MPPT 60 set up properly to keep the batteries SOC balanced. I was able to do that by leveraging a Morningstar Relay module which disconnects the array and adds/removes small grid-tied inverters as I run on batteries at night/no solar days. The goal is to never have an overcharge and battery disconnect situation to fry my Morningstar. I thought about doing that by using an Arduino and writing code to sniff the batteries MOBUS (and that is probably the best long-term solution), but for now, the Relay Driver was quick, easy.

I sent an email to Dan at Trophy Battery a few days ago with no response.
I know an old thread...

Sent an "email" via Trophy Battery contact page 22 days ago. No reply.
Sent an "email" via Trophy Battery contact page last week. No reply.
The message last week, not a big deal.
The one 22 days ago gives me pause, assuming nothing out of the ordinary has caused the delay.

I know an old thread...

The one 22 days ago gives me pause, assuming nothing out of the ordinary has caused the delay.
Maybe try calling the phone number?

I know an old thread...

Hmm that's strange

Maybe try calling the phone number?
Yeah I tend to use email most because cell service out here is spotty on days.
Checked on the website, it said to call on weekends, so I did, left a message.

But, why offer email support/communication line if it is neglected?

I have been to Trophy Battery twice. Driving there to pickup batteries was a lot less expensive than having them shipped. Freight costs seem to have exploded. That was a serious factor in deciding over SS shipping from Texas. Dan is such a good guy that he was concerned about me having to pay state taxes on the sale, since I live a couple of hours away in South Carolina.

diy solar

diy solar
Back