diy solar

diy solar

Two Quick Questions On Renogy Rover MPPT

monsterdeer

Out west--where men are men and sheep are nervous
I have a Renogy 60 Amp MPPT controller. I read the manual a bunch of times and because I am lame, I can not figure out got 2 basic questions:
1. How do I get in USR settings? I go to the settings screen and have no problem changing battery type and capacity. But when I go to the next page/screen it will not allow me to change the values for any of the parameters--I can not change overvoldsc or any of the other parameters.
2. For some reason I can not shut off the load which is displayed on the Load screen. It always stays on. I have nothing connected to the load. It was on the off position but somehow I turned it on and I can not turn it off.

I have a Renogy 60 Amp MPPT controller. I read the manual a bunch of times and because I am lame, I can not figure out got 2 basic questions:
1. How do I get in USR settings? I go to the settings screen and have no problem changing battery type and capacity. But when I go to the next page/screen it will not allow me to change the values for any of the parameters--I can not change overvoldsc or any of the other parameters.
2. For some reason I can not shut off the load which is displayed on the Load screen. It always stays on. I have nothing connected to the load. It was on the off position but somehow I turned it on and I can not turn it off.
Battery type needs to be "USE" before it will let you change anything. All the other battery types are fixed.

The -> (right arrow) button should turn off load when on load screen. Otherwise completely power down (no battery or pv) then back on (battery first) and it should boot up with load off by default.

Great Instructions. I contacted the LIFEPO4 battery company a month ago and they did not give me the values for programming the Renogy MPPT. I did a search on this forum and found a comprehensive list of USR settings for Renogy controllers. Just so I can understand better--when I go to USR and set the values does this means that I no longer told the MPPT that it was charging LI batteries? I hope this is copesthetic because I changed the USR values.

Great Instructions. I contacted the LIFEPO4 battery company a month ago and they did not give me the values for programming the Renogy MPPT. I did a search on this forum and found a comprehensive list of USR settings for Renogy controllers. Just so I can understand better--when I go to USR and set the values does this means that I no longer told the MPPT that it was charging LI batteries? I hope this is copesthetic because I changed the USR values.
Yes, once in "USE" it is your responsibility to check or adjust every parameter.

Back