diy solar

diy solar

UPDATE on Li charging system...

Rbertalotto

Solar Enthusiast
UPDATE:....Two 100ah/12v li batteries in a travel trailer....Last night, disconnected from shore power, I drew the batteries down to 59%. It got down to 21 degrees F here in the High Desert of New Mexico! Furnace ran all night. This morning I reconnected to shore power and the batteries were only seeing 13.8v from a charger that should output 14.6v.......Not sure what is going on. #6 wire, 15' from the batteries......Now I'm disconnected and only on solar. 420w (3-140w panels in parallel)through MPPT controller. The shunt monitor is saying I'm charging at 10.6A / 13.6v......Batteries internal Bluetooth are both showing 13.3v with 5.2a charge......Does all this sound ok?

Link to related thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/how-to-lower-charge-voltage.54955/#post-704436

Try disconnecting the cables between the converter and the battery. Then reconnect to shore power. I saw similar weak charging from some other brand of converter. Disconnecting power to the battery seemed to have reset the converter and convinced it to charge like I expected it to.

Your experience goes along with what a lot of people are seeing out of the traditional converters. When I installed my Multiplus, the charge rates were outstanding, far better than I would see from the converter.

Back