diy solar

diy solar

Upgrades to Eco-Worthy to accommodate 3 large panels

prince_a

Hello everyone, Im happy to share some upgrades ( I want to apologize for my English first - not native language ) , I manage to upgrade my eco worthy equipment, In general I find this tracking to be a good system- but over close checking I found some mechanical and design issues that I will try to address up in following posts.

Lets start with what we know - this device can hold 6 panel - 100W, meaning 60KG of weight in total- and here is the important key- limit of 60 KG is not because this device can't handle a bit more, its because the accutator are bulld for low weight, - consider thet a large 10 ft sat dish has a 24V motor just to move it because of the weight it needs to move.

so according to that = 3X350-400W panels = 6 X 100W panel in weight but the device itself isn't build for 3 panel but 6 to balance the weight.
so after diff testing and checking what is the best way to setup the panels vs the movement of the device I come with the following design that im pretty happy with, there are more things to setup and twick but I will add them later
the struts in the last picture I got from HD- they are much better holding the weight and one piece
Image 9-27-23 at 8.19 PM.jpgImage 9-27-23 at 8.15 PM.jpg

Last edited:
That same unistrut is what we supplemented to two ecoworthy ground mount systems to semi-ground mount 10 x 360 watt panels along a fence with a single axis tracking system.

Are you getting any bowing of the unistrut ? Wondering if it's 12 or 14 gauge ?

IMG_8847.JPG

IMG_8680.JPG

Hello everyone, Im happy to share some upgrades ( I want to apologize for my English first - not native language ) , I manage to upgrade my eco worthy equipment, In general I find this tracking to be a good system- but over close checking I found some mechanical and design issues that I will try to address up in following posts.

Lets start with what we know - this device can hold 6 panel - 100W, meaning 60KG of weight in total- and here is the important key- limit of 60 KG is not because this device can't handle a bit more, its because the accutator are bulld for low weight, - consider thet a large 10 ft sat dish has a 24V motor just to move it because of the weight it needs to move.

so according to that = 3X350-400W panels = 6 X 100W panel in weight but the device itself isn't build for 3 panel but 6 to balance the weight.
so after diff testing and checking what is the best way to setup the panels vs the movement of the device I come with the following design that im pretty happy with, there are more things to setup and twick but I will add them later
the struts in the last picture I got from HD- they are much better holding the weight and one piece
View attachment 169801View attachment 169803
I need to modify mine too. Can you please give us more information?

That same unistrut is what we supplemented to two ecoworthy ground mount systems to semi-ground mount 10 x 360 watt panels along a fence with a single axis tracking system.

Are you getting any bowing of the unistrut ? Wondering if it's 12 or 14 gauge ?

View attachment 176231

View attachment 176232
Great innovation, I do get some bowing , this is why im using the HD unistruts they much stronger in this case

sure, so what is your plan ? how many panels ?
lets start wit the struts, as u can see in the picture im using HD struts and not as the same way as shown for 6 100-200 panels, I hope tomorrow to take some pictures to add to the information

Back