diy solar

diy solar

Utility meter vs. Power Pro

By the way, I just happened to be out at my meter so had a look for comparison.

This is screen #1 (small ‘01’ in upper left) indicating cumulative kWh reading since the beginning of time (of 61,323kWhs consumed).

Screen #2 (‘02’) likely shows instantaneous kWs of consumption (with a leading ‘-‘ sign if you are instantaneously exporting power).

And screen #3 (‘03’) likely shows instantaneous grid voltage.

If you read and record this screen ‘01’ when your Solark says you are not exporting and then read again an hour later following your Solark indicating grid consumption and export were both 0 for that full hour:

-identical reading on screen ‘01’ indicates no export and no import for that full hour (so Solark’s reporting is accurate, at least over that hour).

-increase to a larger number, you consumed / imported power over that hour despite Solark thinking you did not.

-decrease to a smaller number, you exported power over that hour despite Solark thinking you did not (which is the most likely explanation for what you have described).

By the way, I just happened to be out at my meter so had a look for comparison.

This is screen #1 (small ‘01’ in upper left) indicating cumulative kWh reading since the beginning of time (of 61,323kWhs consumed).

Screen #2 (‘02’) likely shows instantaneous kWs of consumption (with a leading ‘-‘ sign if you are instantaneously exporting power).

And screen #3 (‘03’) likely shows instantaneous grid voltage.

If you read and record this screen ‘01’ when your Solark says you are not exporting and then read again an hour later following your Solark indicating grid consumption and export were both 0 for that full hour:

-identical reading on screen ‘01’ indicates no export and no import for that full hour (so Solark’s reporting is accurate, at least over that hour).

-increase to a larger number, you consumed / imported power over that hour despite Solark thinking you did not.

-decrease to a smaller number, you exported power over that hour despite Solark thinking you did not (which is the most likely explanation for what you have described).
Thanx much for all that info !
I'll check it all out n see what we get ?

Hey Gents:
Been "under the weather" hope to record meter readings tomorrow,Tuesday,6/20/23

Nuts,pretty anti-climatic !
Meter reading just verifying what the online daily use shows.decent sized spike in utility usage midday,everyday,in spite of Solar just cranking it out.
Disabled any sell back cause haven't been signed off by them yet and maybe,just maybe their charging me for it?
Solar Power Pro shows lil to no grid use,solar more than enough for usage...hmmm ?

So Operator/software Error by Sol Ark?

I’d double check a revisions of sol ark software and maybe start from scratch.

Bummer, so your bill is basically you paying the utility for your own PV generation, that’s a double kick in the plums!!!

IMO the best lessons learned are those the sting the most ?

Last edited:
Nuts,pretty anti-climatic !
Meter reading just verifying what the online daily use shows.decent sized spike in utility usage midday,everyday,in spite of Solar just cranking it out.
Disabled any sell back cause haven't been signed off by them yet and maybe,just maybe their charging me for it?
Solar Power Pro shows lil to no grid use,solar more than enough for usage...hmmm ?
Not vague at all

Back