diy solar

diy solar

Valence batteries not balancing

markc2004

Need some help on this one. I have 4 U27-12XP (138Ah) wired in parallel (+ and - go to a Victron Lynx Distributor) I have been running the diagnostic software for 2 days and am seeing the following SOCs on each battery: 81.57%, 76.86%, 80.39%, 87.45%. Each lead from battery to the Lynx is the same length (18 in). I do not have a bms (did pick up a U-BMS-HV but don't understand it enough to connect/configure/use it without blowing myself up, lol). I have a Renogy 3000w inverter/charger that is running my MS Surface (2.4A @ 115ac) and the renogy battery monitor along with 2 shunts (renogy and a victron). I removed them from my ambulance conversion 8 days ago and put them all on a Victron 12v smart charger to bring them up to 99% charge and then let them sit, independently, for 4 days (garage is about 52 deg f). I have not performed a deep discharge on these batteries yet.

Any clue as to why these batteries are getting out of balance with each other? Thanks in advance.

Need some help on this one. I have 4 U27-12XP (138Ah) wired in parallel (+ and - go to a Victron Lynx Distributor) I have been running the diagnostic software for 2 days and am seeing the following SOCs on each battery: 81.57%, 76.86%, 80.39%, 87.45%. Each lead from battery to the Lynx is the same length (18 in). I do not have a bms (did pick up a U-BMS-HV but don't understand it enough to connect/configure/use it without blowing myself up, lol). I have a Renogy 3000w inverter/charger that is running my MS Surface (2.4A @ 115ac) and the renogy battery monitor along with 2 shunts (renogy and a victron). I removed them from my ambulance conversion 8 days ago and put them all on a Victron 12v smart charger to bring them up to 99% charge and then let them sit, independently, for 4 days (garage is about 52 deg f). I have not performed a deep discharge on these batteries yet.

Any clue as to why these batteries are getting out of balance with each other? Thanks in advance.

SoC is an approximation until synchronized at 100%.

What are the cell voltages in each battery?

Back