diy solar

diy solar

Valence U27-12XP 138ah

Cloudsbegone

I know where I can buy Valence U27-12XP 138ah batteries used for $400 locally, and was wondering if that’s a good price.

Will opened one in one of his videos and said that they had a great BMS inside, gave it a great review. I have watched all the YouTube videos I could find. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to lithium batteries but I got the impression that the communication ports are for the batteries to communicate when being used in large battery banks.

Last edited:
They only have a cell balancer. You dont need a BMS. Your charge controller is specifically and fundementally designed not to over-charge. And lifepo4 does have a resistance that cuts charging from any charge spurce like any other battery. Instead of coming in around 80% and progressively increasing, it happens at 97%-99% and shoots up very fast.

And an inverter prevents under-charging. As well as being with the batteries all the time such as vandwelling.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input. I believe i’ll Buy a couple of them and see how they do.

Back