diy solar

diy solar

Validate my theory - dometic-coolair-rtx-2000 24V

danyellow

To whom might be able to give input!

I am currently in the R&D stage of our MWB MR VW Crafter and I believe we will be purchasing the below

dometic-coolair-rtx-2000
<> https://www.dometic.com/en-au/outdoor/rv-and-van/rv-air-conditioners/dometic-coolair-rtx-2000-190063
and three of the below batteries
litime-12v-230ah
<> https://www.litime.com/products/lit...-bms-max-2944wh-energy?variant=43941982011612

My question as to the possible set-up is, if I have the 24V Aircon running on two of the batteries directly and nothing else on this circuit then also have a singular battery set-up with a 2000w or so inverter running the fridge and whatever else we power in the van (phone chargers etc...)

is this a good idea or?

Good idea? Not sure. Will it work? Probably.

Unfortunately, all it gives is "24V" for electrical specs.

However, it only requires 650W of power to cool 2000W. Assume 5X, 650W run would be 3250W surge.

3250W / 25.6V = 127A, and the BMS of the batteries is rated for 200A, so yeah... probably will work.

I see no reason to get a separate inverter. Simply get a 24V and run it off the battery. The loads of your other devices will probably be very low.

Is this a propane fridge or an electric fridge? If propane, no way. They consume 5-6X the electricity of a standard fridge.

On max, you'll probably get 8-9 hrs run time on a full charge. In eco mode (whatever that does), you'll get 24 hours.

Good idea? Not sure. Will it work? Probably.

Unfortunately, all it gives is "24V" for electrical specs.

However, it only requires 650W of power to cool 2000W. Assume 5X, 650W run would be 3250W surge.

3250W / 25.6V = 127A, and the BMS of the batteries is rated for 200A, so yeah... probably will work.

I see no reason to get a separate inverter. Simply get a 24V and run it off the battery. The loads of your other devices will probably be very low.

Is this a propane fridge or an electric fridge? If propane, no way. They consume 5-6X the electricity of a standard fridge.

On max, you'll probably get 8-9 hrs run time on a full charge. In eco mode (whatever that does), you'll get 24 hours.
"I see no reason to get a separate inverter. Simply get a 24V and run it off the battery. The loads of your other devices will probably be very low."

Only reason to seperate is incase of excessive battery drain / lifespan on the battery from running the air conditioner, if all three batteries are connected, then if there is a battery overheat / or low voltage problem then all of the systems would be off. and if I had the two separate the fridge battery would get a better life and would always be dependable.

Back