diy solar

diy solar

Vendor support

RGH69

I want to start off saying that Signature Solar support has improved a lot since I started dealing with them last year. If you call or email, the responses are usually "try this" and then email back. However, their response typically takes days per email. First I had a battery problem that took several months to diagnose and receive a replacement because of the emailing back and forth. Now I have been dealing with a faulty inverter (6500). But I have recently had problems getting any response because for some reason my emails are ending up in a spam/junk folder. I have been without solar power since July 14. Fortunately, I set up my system to be able to switch back to all grid so I have power. I feel sorry for those that are completely off grid. My issue was finally moved to Tier 2 support but I suppose that means that they will get back to me someday. Meanwhile, my electric bill for the past month is nearing $700 bucks. I love my system when it works but right now I hate to look at it. Signature Solar support really needs to up their support game.

I feel your pain.
I am fully off grid, with no grid option. This is why I went with CurrentConnected. I just could not take the risk of being another SS support casualty. I just can't afford to be down. I have not been disappointed. Dexter has taken care of me since day one, including a lot of noob hand holding, emailing me back at 10pm on Sunday or 6am yesterday. I won't buy from anyone else.

I've been having problems with my initial inverter setup (6000ex) and have called Signature Solar on several occasions. Most calls were about 30 minutes on hold before ever talking to a support tech. I'm attaching call records since I know saying something like this without documentation causes issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0459.PNG
    IMG_0459.PNG
    482.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0460.PNG
    IMG_0460.PNG
    513 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0461.PNG
    IMG_0461.PNG
    480.3 KB · Views: 10
If you call or email, the responses are usually "try this" and then email back. However, their response typically takes days per email.

Days?
Yeah, a couple of days short of a month. By the time they got back to me I forgot what the issue was.

Signature Solar support really needs to up their support game.

To say the least.
I'm the process of writing an essay ranting about their lack luster support and overall customer service.

I feel your pain.
I am fully off grid, with no grid option. This is why I went with CurrentConnected. I just could not take the risk of being another SS support casualty. I just can't afford to be down. I have not been disappointed. Dexter has taken care of me since day one, including a lot of noob hand holding, emailing me back at 10pm on Sunday or 6am yesterday. I won't buy from anyone else.

Maybe I should be contacting them as well.

I feel your pain.
Dexter gets right back to you when you email him. I wished he carried Schneider because I really want that system. I am waiting for SS design team and frustrated to no end. Last week, I was on hold for over 30 minutes, and then someone hit the line (music stops) and then hit it again (transferred) and after 30 MORE minutes, I was connected to tech support. I was originally waiting for sales. Once tech support answered, they said I needed sales and would transfer me and I about lost it. I was on hold for over an hour. Yes, @willprowse, I have the receipt. I am simply trying to buy something and waiting for a response. I guess I will go to AltE...

Attachments

• 97F43E71-E3EC-434F-AE58-EF8608F9A6F3_1_102_o.jpeg
    97F43E71-E3EC-434F-AE58-EF8608F9A6F3_1_102_o.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5
I want to start off saying that Signature Solar support has improved a lot since I started dealing with them last year. If you call or email, the responses are usually "try this" and then email back. However, their response typically takes days per email. First I had a battery problem that took several months to diagnose and receive a replacement because of the emailing back and forth. Now I have been dealing with a faulty inverter (6500). But I have recently had problems getting any response because for some reason my emails are ending up in a spam/junk folder. I have been without solar power since July 14. Fortunately, I set up my system to be able to switch back to all grid so I have power. I feel sorry for those that are completely off grid. My issue was finally moved to Tier 2 support but I suppose that means that they will get back to me someday. Meanwhile, my electric bill for the past month is nearing $700 bucks. I love my system when it works but right now I hate to look at it. Signature Solar support really needs to up their support game.

As a small business owner myself, a 2 minute conversation can cover the bases of 10 emails. So much can get “lost in translation” over email. Almost always, I’ll call a client instead of email. Even if they email me, I require their phone number for them to email me, so I can decide if phone or email is a better way to respond. They might prefer an email, but if I sense I can solve the issue more quickly in a short phone call, I’ll do that instead.

I called AltE and within one minute a PERSON answered the phone on a Friday late afternoon! She is designing a Schneider system and looking into all the breaker sizes, etc. She is splitting up the order because most of the components can go UPS/FedEx to save me money and the inverter will go freight. Said they have 2 tech guys who know the Schneider in and out if I ever need help. Worth it to me to get someone that quickly.

I called AltE a few times, every call went about the same. Super short hold time, the person that answers was always amazing and had the answers or knew where to find them.

One time I was calling to exchange an incorrect breaker I ordered. I called in and started to explain. The person who answered happened to be the person who handled all the returns. The entire call was less than 5 minutes for both a return and purchase.

I received a replacement inverter from Signature Solar Saturday. I installed it that night and everything is still working great this morning! But I will be ordering a third as a spare.

Back