diy solar

diy solar

Vendors in the Philippines?

pmeloy

I'm Canadian but I retired in the Philippines and one thing that is QUITE different here is buying almost anything beyond food and clothing. I'm looking at buying a small grid tie system mostly because the power failures here are common (day long and short term). I don't need to run my whole home but I've like to be able run my desktop computer, a fan, a light, and charge a few cellphones during these frequent power failures. Grid tie is to offset costs rather that using the grid as an ersatz battery.
Problem is the finding vendors here in the Philippines is nearly impossible over the internet (like finding a plumber! or electrician). I'm hoping some people here may know of some reliable vendors here (I'm in Daet Camarines Norte so closer is better but not required).

Thanks!

I'm Canadian but I retired in the Philippines and one thing that is QUITE different here is buying almost anything beyond food and clothing. I'm looking at buying a small grid tie system mostly because the power failures here are common (day long and short term). I don't need to run my whole home but I've like to be able run my desktop computer, a fan, a light, and charge a few cellphones during these frequent power failures. Grid tie is to offset costs rather that using the grid as an ersatz battery.
Problem is the finding vendors here in the Philippines is nearly impossible over the internet (like finding a plumber! or electrician). I'm hoping some people here may know of some reliable vendors here (I'm in Daet Camarines Norte so closer is better but not required).

Thanks!
Hi there, I'm located in Mindanao. I recently installed my DIY Deye 8kW Hybrid system. I bought most of the items online (from Luzon) and had them shipped to my address. Look for Hanem Solar products in Facebook.

There are other reliable vendors but the reason I went with this person was because he was the only one who offered online credit card payments which was really convenient for me. His prices are reasonable but not the cheapest as he sources some of the materials from other suppliers like Solastra Renewable (you could also go directly to them by the way could be cheaper also but just be sure to ask them to quadruple check the items before shipping).

Another one that I have experience with (got some batteries from them) is One Solar / Unli Solar - they keep changing their name. This is their website https://solarprice.com.ph/. They've got lots of branches across PH, very accessible and openly show the prices. However, their after sales is a bit lacking. Just 2 months after I got the batteries from them 2 x 100ah packs, stocks ran out and when I asked if they were gonna restock, talked to the owner yet I still didn't get a straight answer and in the end I got ignored and they're no longer restocking them.

Back