diy solar

diy solar

Victron Energy MultiPlus 2000 Watt 48 Volt Inverter & 25 Amp Battery Charger

saggys

Can this inverter/charger be programmed without any peripheral equipment? Can all programming be done with dip switches or an android smart phone? Can operation be monitored with a smart phone? Is there any conduit boxes available for these like Midnite Solar has for the DIY series?

Lots of questions, trying to find the answers on Victron's website, but there is lots of info to sift through. I think there is some Victron users here with experience.

This looks like a inverter that could check a lot of boxes: Broad operating voltage, built in battery charger with generator assist for intermittent heavy loads, low idle current.

Is anyone using this model inverter?

Can this inverter/charger be programmed without any peripheral equipment?

Only what the DIP switches permit.

Can all programming be done with dip switches

No.

or an android smart phone?

Don't think so.

Can operation be monitored with a smart phone?

Not without additional hardware.

Is there any conduit boxes available for these like Midnite Solar has for the DIY series?

To my knowledge they do not have an epanel, but there is a Victron epanel available as I recall. Very spendy.

Lots of questions, trying to find the answers on Victron's website, but there is lots of info to sift through. I think there is some Victron users here with experience.

The biggest reasons to get a Quattro are for 1) 48V operation at higher output and 2) dual AC inputs - grid and genny, but only one active at a time.

If you don't need either, a Multiplus II is probably a better choice.

This looks like a inverter that could check a lot of boxes: Broad operating voltage, built in battery charger with generator assist for intermittent heavy loads, low idle current.

If idle draw is a concern, check the Multiplus II and Quattro II. Power consumption cut notably.

Is anyone using this model inverter?

No, but I have 2X 48/5000 120VAC units.

Sunshine_eggo, thanks for answering these questions.
My other short list inverters are Morningstar Suresine 2500: No conduit box, no charger, but low idle current.
Outback GFX 1500: No longer made, built in charger, I have flexware 250 conduit boxes, low idle current.
Both have broad voltage inputs to support nickel iron battery chemistry.
Finding a low power 48 volt inverter is challenging. I would like to stick to 2500 watt max as that puts our 200 amp hour bank at a little greater than C/4 discharge, about all NIFE can do.

Samlex is one option:

Also Cotek and a bunch of Chinese ones.

No charger on the ones I mentioned so that would be separate.

Thanks JoeHam, My previous system (still in backup mode) has a inverter/charger, transfer switch and code compliant conduit boxes. Unfortunately it is about twenty one years old and only 12 volts.
I sure miss those features not available on the Exeltech XP1100. The Exeltech I got for free at work to try with the 48 volt nickel iron batteries. The closest thing I can find to replicate the features of the 12 volt system is the non current Outback GFX 1548 inverter/charger.
I wish some of the AIO's had a better idle current specification and broader input voltage.

Back