diy solar

diy solar

Victron Energy

romanhavr

Hi there!
My situation is next: I want to have some sort of UPS for my house with a power storage. Without solar panels so far (but to have such possibly in future). While I was looking for some info over the Internet I liked Victron Energy (for thier features, reliability and other positiv feedback). Also saw Will's videos with VE sets (
and
) but I didn't find the info I need at the moment yet.
Please help me understand the minimum set I need to have stable power at my home for let's say gew hours.
Would next list be enough:
- Victron Energy PMP482505012 Multiplus II 48V - 5000VA - 70A
- 2x Pylontech US2000C - 48V 2.4kWh (or 1x 4.8kWh)
- Victron Energy BPP900450100 Cerbo GX Controller
?
If this is not going to work please advice improvements to that list.

Thank you in advance!

That would work.

It would draw from grid and pass grid to loads. If grid is lost, the inverter activates and provides power.

You would also want a USB-MK3 adapter to program the inverter.

You may want a touch screen for the cerbo, but it can be accessed headless with a smart phone via local wifi.

I see. But I guess even using USB-MK3 adapter one need to download appropriate app on a laptop, correct?
Another question: on those videos there is a set of 4 cables from the grid but I have only 2 cable set (H and N as of my understanding). I hope this shouldn't be a problem?
And one more request: could you share a scheme or a place where I could find one of how to set/connect/install equipment I've mentioned in my case. I'd really appreciate. Thanks!

Also to echo Brucey, Pylon Tech are Good Batteries BUT they are 15S to "Mimmick" FLA Voltage Profiles. If at a later date you want to add another 48V you'll be "handicapped" by the 15S limits.

There are several Preassembled battery packs that can interact with Victron gear, additionally there are some BMS (Battery Management Systems) for DIY Builders that are also capable of interacting with Victron.

I just put together a Victron system for the same purpose and it works wonderfully. Mine is slightly smaller(3000va Multiplus II). It will take power from the grid, generator, or solar if needed and run everything I need overnight when the power drops. I still have some wiring cleanup to do but this gives you the basic idea. The guys around here have been great at pointing out small tweaks to make my system function better. The one thing you will also might want to add to that list is something like the Victron Lynx distributor. You will need fuses either way and this option is more affordable than you think when you start adding up the costs of busbars and fuses.
1000007190.jpg

I see. But I guess even using USB-MK3 adapter one need to download appropriate app on a laptop, correct?

Programming Options:
  1. A MK3-USB-C can connect directly to an android phone and VictronConnect.
  2. MK3-USB + Windows PC running VEConfigure3 or VictronConnect
  3. MK3-US + MAC running VictronConnect
  4. Fully configured VRM, remote download of VEConfigure3 file, modify file in VEConfigure3 on Windows PC, upload file to VRM

Another question: on those videos there is a set of 4 cables from the grid but I have only 2 cable set (H and N as of my understanding). I hope this shouldn't be a problem?

4 wires may indicate three phase power with ground.

Two wires would likely be L (line) and N (neutral), presumably 230VAC, 50Hz. Your country may identify them differently.

And one more request: could you share a scheme or a place where I could find one of how to set/connect/install equipment I've mentioned in my case. I'd really appreciate. Thanks!

Later. :)

I concur with other's recommendations about Pylontech batteries; however, I would select the battery on the basis of what company will provide the most support. Pylontech seems to have a large presence outside of the U.S., and they're the original "server rack" battery that was integrated with Victron BMS communications. Pylontech is not a bad decision, but you may have better options.

hi all!
I've already purchased my new system (MultiPlus II - 48/5000/70, battery Dyness 4.8 kWh, Cerbo GX). Also seller shared with me a scheme of its connections (please see the attached pdf); as I've mentioned my system is without solar part so far.
Talking about items in the set I guess it would be also good to add a fuse for positive connection inverter-battery, isn't it? Which one would you recommend?
Also the seller offers a online setting up of the system via the Internet (of cause with additional payment for it) and I remember from Will's videos that Victron MultyPlus II is good for being preprogrammed and it's ready to go at once. Or have I misunderstood something and it's not safe to start my system without online system setting up seller offers?

Attachments

• 17212090747149_IOvQSOW9rkVTflHtl6bmj6PmrC31Il7i.pdf
    682.8 KB · Views: 2

diy solar

diy solar
Back