diy solar

diy solar

Victron MPPT 100/30 Dead?

maestro82

I've had my backup project running for about 4 months now and today the solar charger is not charging. No changes to the system overnight but today I'm showing about 85v coming from my 400W array and 0 watts coming from my charger. The charger is blinking in bulk mode. My 12v system is down to 13v from overnight use. Most of the time the system will go into float in the afternoon as the batteries are topped off. I've checked voltages from my panels and they are the same voltage present on my solar charger and the voltage on my solar charger is the same at the battery terminals but no charge coming off the Victron. Pretty sure it is not a cabling issue. Any suggestions to trouble shoot further?

Thanks folks

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21
Have you tried disconnecting it (PV first) and reconnecting (bat first)?

Thanks folks, but even in cloudy weather it will produce 40-60Ws. Sun has been out all day. I have disconnected pv and battery and reconnected trying to "reset" the charger. I was looking at the last 2 days and it could have stopped working around 1700 yesterday. But nothing today.

Attachments

• Historical Solar.jpg
    Historical Solar.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 6
Check to make sure something isn't wrong with your wiring. Bad connections can produce voltage but little to no amperage.

thanks folks, i've checked wiring several times. voltages from panels are pushing 80+ volts during the day with 0 wattage output from charger. i'll pursue the warranty route.

A screenshot of VictronConnect (e.g. on your phone via bluetooth) connected to that SSC would help.

Hello

Have your verified battery voltage on the charge controller's display?

If so, what is it?

Edit,My bad: I can see it in your photo. It should be charging. A bad connection would drop the voltage so others are incorrect when they state you can have voltage without amperage if the cc is loading the array.

Where does the vrm get its battery voltage reading from? Is that another device like an inverter giving the read out or what?

Last edited:
Back