diy solar

diy solar

Victron Multiplus powering a Welder

Rocketman

Solar Wizard
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to post about an experience we just had…
We are going to Alaska with my Parents and my Sister and in the middle of Yukon, we realized that the bad roads have cracked my sisters 5th wheel frame.
After thinking about it for a while, we decided to go buy the tools and fix it ourself. (My dad can weld).
So they bought a 15a 120v welder, we ran it off my Multiplus II 12/3000 2x120v inverter. I did make sure the generator was on and charging the batteries at about 1000w, so the generator would already be loaded.
From the sounds of the generator it wasn’t real happy - as the weld started and stopped- but it was a success! We got the trailer repaired, in a pretty place (a real nice place to be “stuck” for three days.
And the inverter and generator ran the welder. The Multiplus even ran the welder by itself once, but then it was running at 100% and I thought it safer to have the generator running.

Anyway just thought I would share!

The last time I rode the AlCan through the Yukon on my motorcycle there was a pothole 3 feet in diameter and a foot deep. A couple on a motorcycle hit it and tore the panniers off.

I've been using a 120 volt wire welder running off a 3000 Watt Aims MSW inverter for many years. No issues.

diy solar

diy solar
Back