diy solar

diy solar

Victron Prioritize solar over grid

justinm001

Solar Addict
Does anyone have this enabled on a Quattro? I'm playing with it now until I can get ESS setup and feed excess solar to my house. On my system I have Shore coming into AC1 on my 48V dual Quattros then I have OUT1 from the quattros going to a panel powering half the outlets, and to my 12V Quattro to IN2 (generator). I have another shore connection on IN1 of the 12v thats a backup. My IN2 on the 48V side connects to the generator.

On my 12V with 300w of solar its in sustain mode and seems to be working perfectly, but on my 48V inverters it charged to 100%. I had it setup using assistants to turn on shore at 70% and off at 80% which worked but isn't using this feature so shut it off.

I noticed in the documentation below it says "On a Quattro AC-in-2 should be used for the shore power connection." Which is odd because other documentation says to use shore on AC1 and Generator on AC2, it even defaults both to this. On top of this the system prioritizes AC1 over AC2 so if I had an issue I'd be able to run my generator and then connect to shore then shut off my generator and not lose power, or opposite if leaving. Also the top video says it uses all power for a generator connection.

Did Victron mess up and use the wrong AC for generator/shore or is this on purpose? I know we can set the input label to shore/grid/generator for either input but I don't think this does anything other than names it, or does it? On my 12V quattro AC-2 is still labelled generator and doesn't seem to matter.

I plan on hooking up my generator auto start and I don't see an option to select which input is the generator. This has a feature where it'll detect if the generator has ran in the past month and if not it'll start it. I'm assuming this feature won't work.

Its also completely ignoring solar. I just switched back to inverter only mode and getting 200w+.

One more thing the 48V is BMS controlled while the 12V is not but the documentation says it works either way
1711720183426.png

diy solar

diy solar
Back