diy solar

diy solar

Victron Quattro how can I change settings on the charger?

Ron62

I have a Quattro 24/5000/120 on victron connect on the demo it shows I can change the ac input setting the default is 90 amps I need to lowe that. This thing doesn’t seem to Bluetooth like my solar charge controllers. How do I do this? Any help I’d appreciated

You need a MK3-USB cable plugged into the inverter and your computer for setting changes.

Alternatively, if you have a Cerbo-GX you can change the settings by downloading the configuration through VRM.

Those two suggestions above allow for changing all the settings.

If you only need to change the A/C input there are a couple more choices. These choices can change the Ac input and change the state of the inverter/charger from On,Off, Inverter only, and Charger only.

1. Any GX device (Cerbo, Venus,CCGX).
2. VE.Bus smart dongle - this gives bluetooth for the Multiplus/Quattro. So you can change the settings on your phone.
3. Victron makes a DSU (Digital service unit) or something like that - it is a “control panel” for the inverter.
4. MK3-usb to a computer.

I have a GX device (CCGX), and I use this most of the time to change the settings. This is my recommended item.
I also got the VE.Bus Dongle and I do change the settings from my phone sometimes. I also like seeing the inverter in my item list - because it does show me the voltages.
I got the CCGX instead of the DSU and am very happy with that choice. The CCGX is an older piece - the Cerbo is the new fancy (and upgraded) item.
I have the MK3-USB I used it initially to program my Multiplus- you could change the AC input with this- if you only need to change it once in a while (like with a generator or grid) this would be ok - but because I full-time in an RV, I change the AC input settings a lot.

The Cerbo does LOTS more than just change the AC input too.

Good Luck

Thank you so much. The inverter shut off this morning then again a couple hours later. I’m sure it’s the settings I’ve ordered the usb cable and downloaded the program . The mk3 won’t be here until Wednesday. I’m off grid. I’m thinking the inverter may be trying to start the battery charger as the bulk and absorb lights were blinking and the float light was on when the inverter shut off. Any suggestions on anything I can do. The generator only has a 25 amp breaker and the default setting is 90amps I’m thinking that’s causing the problem. I’d like to lower the amps in to 20 and make it so I have to manually start the generator to turn on the charger. Anything suggestions ?

Where did you buy the inverter from? I ask because we (CurrentConnected) pre-program them, and I can better advise on the settings if I know whether they are default or the ones we set.

Cerbogx is the best option or cerbogx-s will work fine. It'll let you use your phone with vrm and instantly change the input settings. This along with logging and everything makes a simple inverter into a powerhouse of data.

With that inverter the minimum input is 13.5 or so.

Also default setting should be 30a on in1 and 60a on in2 with in2 allowing override by remote (cerbogx) i always have to go in and check the override for remote for in1 with every update so I can lower my input limit.

BTW I have one of these for my 12v setup as a backup trickle charger incase I need to charge under that 13a min. It has 24v so would work for you. Wonder if there's something you can grab locally to get you by
20-Amp Smart Battery Charger,Lithium,LiFePO4,Lead-Acid(AGM/Gel/SLA.) Car Battery Charger,Trickle Charger, Maintainer/deep Cycle Charger,12V/20A and 24V/10A,for Boat,Motorcycle,Lawn Mower,Golf cart. https://a.co/d/6ldqJ4h

diy solar

diy solar
Back