diy solar

diy solar

Victron shunt malfunction?

Nan_wpg

Solar Enthusiast
My shunt (smart shunt) is telling me I’m using 445 watts with nothing connected at all.

Is it a settings thing? (I used current connected settings from YouTube).

When I first hooked it up it was working fine.

I personally did not, BUT our cabin is a shared cabin and others,have access to the settings so it’s possible someone did something.
May want to lock that down if people are just randomly pressing buttons, I think that's possible in latest Victron connect.

May want to lock that down if people are just randomly pressing buttons, I think that's possible in latest Victron connect.
We need to be able to see state of charge. As soon as I installed the system people started treating the cabin like a grid connected home.

Dont you just love that?
I’m having a hard time not knocking them out.

We used to run a genny for 3-4 hours per night.

Then I bought an LFP battery and charged it an hour a day. Now we have a complete system so no more genny unless it rains.

I factored in our “lifestyle” at the cabin and provided a system that would give us 24/7 starlink, lights, iPhone/ipad charging, c pap, and 3-4 hours of tv. I even provided a new efficient tv that uses 200w less per hour.

Now because it’s convenient (not having to go out and start/stop the genny) everything gets used more.

BIL will come out and watch tv all day (and download movies, and stream all day) which pushes our starlink data up. It’s “unlimited” but they can throttle after 1TB.

Tired of having to educate people.

I’m having a hard time not knocking them out.

We used to run a genny for 3-4 hours per night.

Then I bought an LFP battery and charged it an hour a day. Now we have a complete system so no more genny unless it rains.

I factored in our “lifestyle” at the cabin and provided a system that would give us 24/7 starlink, lights, iPhone/ipad charging, c pap, and 3-4 hours of tv. I even provided a new efficient tv that uses 200w less per hour.

Now because it’s convenient (not having to go out and start/stop the genny) everything gets used more.

BIL will come out and watch tv all day (and download movies, and stream all day) which pushes our starlink data up. It’s “unlimited” but they can throttle after 1TB.

Tired of having to educate people.
I see your pain.
I have had pleanty of pain myself but I have the grid to fall back on in my home.
Getting people to glance out the window at noon and think for one damn second, Should I do laundry, wash dishes, cook something?? You know, when the sun is shining and the battery charging is nearing 100% No........ Must do that at 8pm. Lol

I see your pain.
I have had pleanty of pain myself but I have the grid to fall back on in my home.
Getting people to glance out the window at noon and think for one damn second, Should I do laundry, wash dishes, cook something?? You know, when the sun is shining and the battery charging is nearing 100% No........ Must do that at 8pm. Lol
lol, people are all the same.

I used the analogy of a sink filling with water. During a sunny day and the battery is full it’s “overflowing” and that’s when you charge your phones, use the vacume , etc.

But no, 8pm, or 3 rainy days in a row let’s do laundry and binge watch Netflix.

We never watched a lot of tv at the cabin (the whole point is to “get away”). Now that’s what everyone wants. Just stay home, lol.

lol, people are all the same.

I used the analogy of a sink filling with water. During a sunny day and the battery is full it’s “overflowing” and that’s when you charge your phones, use the vacume , etc.

But no, 8pm, or 3 rainy days in a row let’s do laundry and binge watch Netflix.

We never watched a lot of tv at the cabin (the whole point is to “get away”). Now that’s what everyone wants. Just stay home, lol.
Can you "misplace" the starlink power adaptor?

Can you "misplace" the starlink power adaptor?
Not without starting ww3.

Would you believe the last guy to pay (and had to pay in installments) uses the most data?

We have starlink mobility for 5 months and we pause for 7. So we split the cost 5 ways so it’s actually a good deal (190 bucks for 5 months) but there’s always one ass who ruins it.

diy solar

diy solar
Back