diy solar

diy solar

Victron smart shunt - not showing correct %

Blown284

Hi Everyone,
I have a Victron Smart Shunt 500 connected to my 48v batteries and it's showing me the voltage properly but the percentage of charge that it shows on the display is incorrect. I've checked all of my settings and they look correct to me but figured I'd ask someone more experienced here. Is there something I should be checking to ensure when the batteries are depleting, they show the correct %? For instance, it shows the battery at let's say 76% ad the battery BMS is showing the battery to be around 82% --- huge difference. Thoughts?

Well you can adjust the smart shunt soc to match the bms but you need to do a full charge and set the reset to 100% settings correctly

Just set it to whatever the bms is saying for now. If your bms is spring 76 set it to 76% but keep in mind bms may not be accurate either.

Once you do a full charge the smart shunt will be accurate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240203-173549.png
    Screenshot_20240203-173549.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 12
Just set it to whatever the bms is saying for now. If your bms is spring 76 set it to 76% but keep in mind bms may not be accurate either.

Once you do a full charge the smart shunt will be accurate.
Yes, I tried that (setting to what bms is saying) but then later (charging or depleting), it drifts and they go out of sync for sure where one would say 82% (bms) and victron shunt would say like 76%. I'll go ahead and charge up to 100% and reset sOC.

Yes, I tried that (setting to what bms is saying) but then later (charging or depleting), it drifts and they go out of sync for sure where one would say 82% (bms) and victron shunt would say like 76%. I'll go ahead and charge up to 100% and reset sOC.
I would trust the shunt over the bms

Hi Everyone,
I have a Victron Smart Shunt 500 connected to my 48v batteries and it's showing me the voltage properly but the percentage of charge that it shows on the display is incorrect. I've checked all of my settings and they look correct to me but figured I'd ask someone more experienced here. Is there something I should be checking to ensure when the batteries are depleting, they show the correct %? For instance, it shows the battery at let's say 76% ad the battery BMS is showing the battery to be around 82% --- huge difference. Thoughts?
Adjust the shunt settings for lithium. The details are in the user manual.

Back