diy solar

diy solar

Smart shunt not showing soc

Newfiejeff

Just installed my Victron smart shunt and the SOC is no longer showing but it did at first. I have it connected to a network with my Victron charge controlle.
Is there something I need to change, I have the batteries programmed, capacity to 800 ah( 8 six volt batteries, 400 amh each)
How do I get it to show correctply?

Attachments

• IMG_0853.png
    IMG_0853.png
    205 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0852.png
    IMG_0852.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 10
How long has it been connected and running/monitoring ?

Maybe it needs a certain amount of time before it can make an educated computation of the actual SOC % ?

Does it have some kind of way it does a "sanity check" to know when the batteries are full, such as the charger holding the battery voltage above a certain point for some minimum amount of time ?

I see that it measures current but not Amp-Hours yet.

boB

if you have (8) 6V cells, presumably you are running 4-100Ah connections.

unless i missed what youre doing, the capacity would be 400Ah.

The six volt batteries are 400 amp hoist each hooked in series to give me 12 volt.
Installed about an hour ago.

Also, the batteries are gel.
should the charged voltage show 13.7 same as float on charge controller?

It looks like it lost power, so you have to go into Settings -> Battery -> and hit "Syncronize to 100%". If you remember what your SOC was before it lost power, you can then set the SOC manually.

It looks like it lost power, so you have to go into Settings -> Battery -> and hit "Syncronize to 100%". If you remember what your SOC was before it lost power, you can then set the SOC manually.
There's also an option "Battery SOC on reset" that you might want to change to "Keep SOC" so anytime the shunt loses power, it remembers it's last SOC.

Just installed but had use on the batteries for a couple of hours from a full charge. Not sure exactly what state of charge is now. I set it to 80%, so I assume it will reset when it reaches fully charged again?

Nothing like that in the smart shunt settings.
Right, it does not charge. Lead acid will have a higher Peukert Exponent, lower Charge efficiency factor. Lower charge voltage and higher Discharge floor.
Victron will guide you thru it.

Just installed but had use on the batteries for a couple of hours from a full charge. Not sure exactly what state of charge is now. I set it to 80%, so I assume it will reset when it reaches fully charged again?
Yes. Once it reaches the "Charged Voltage" (shunt-> settings-> battery) and remains at or above that voltage for the "charged detection time", then it will reset the SOC to 100%.

Yes. Once it reaches the "Charged Voltage" (shunt-> settings-> battery) and remains at or above that voltage for the "charged detection time", then it will reset the SOC to 100%.
Change to 13.7 as on float voltage on the charge controller?

Change to 13.7 as on float voltage on the charge controller?
I think most people tend to set the smart shunt reset voltage to 0.1 or 0.2v lower than the charge controller voltage. That way you can make sure it gets reset.

Back