diy solar

diy solar

Victron shunt monitor

e67

The Victron shunt is a nice unit but people say the bluetooth is weak and the price is high. What other quality shunts with monitors are available
under the 120$ price point..?

There's many low cost shunts out there but I personally only know of victron with BT and yes its weak . You are paying more for the BT but if its not important there are renogy etc.

And Junctek. Cheap china junk that works really well and is dirt cheap. I got one and love it, but metering isn't critical in my mobile application - a winnebago motorhome. If it was I would likely choose Victron - their stuff is rock solid and their bt app works great - I have one of their chargers and love it.

Junctek vs victron discussed here:

Going the other way on price…
The Victron BMV712 costs more than the Smartshunt- but you get a display. (And one other feature a switch on it). The Bluetooth has a normal range on that unit. Plus you can put the display 50’(?) from the shunt. (The Bluetooth comes from the display).

I just remember when I replaced my BMV712 w/ the Smartshunt I was disappointed in the range of the Bluetooth.

Several of Victrons Bluetooth enabled units seem weak. My ip22 12/30 charger struggles connecting to my mppt , yet it’s 2.5 metres apart only

Going the other way on price…
The Victron BMV712 costs more than the Smartshunt- but you get a display. (And one other feature a switch on it). The Bluetooth has a normal range on that unit. Plus you can put the display 50’(?) from the shunt. (The Bluetooth comes from the display).

I just remember when I replaced my BMV712 w/ the Smartshunt I was disappointed in the range of the Bluetooth.

Yeah, the main reason I bought the BMV-712 over the Smart Shunt, because the BMV can mount in the kitchen of the RV, which puts the bluetooth radio closer to me, and thus I get good connection anywhere in the living area. The Smart Shunt would've put the bluetooth unit down in the basement of the RV...

Of course the display is definitely a plus too, can always see SoC right there without having to open an app...

Back