diy solar

diy solar

Victron Smart Shunt alerts

kodak

Hi, will Victron Smart Shunt alerts be delivered to my phone in a push fashion that is even when the phone's screen is turned off?

Hi, will Victron Smart Shunt alerts be delivered to my phone in a push fashion that is even when the phone's screen is turned off?

I don't think so. I know this was an issue a couple years ago, and I haven't seen it updated. To receive notifications, you need a permanent bluetooth connection between the two devices. If you want push notifications, you need VRM where the GX device is constantly monitoring the device and has an essentially permanent connection via Internet.

@HighTechLab am I wrong?

Last edited:
I think there was "solution" that involved an Android device connected to the bluetooth of the shunt that pushed it out to a LAN.

The only way would be either a Wifi connection between the shunt and your network, which is not built into the shut or some type of interface that connects to the VE.Direct connection (really just and RS232 port) on the shut such as an Arduino or Raspberry Pi that then pushes alerts to you

I don't think so. I know this was an issue a couple years ago, and I haven't seen it updated. To receive notifications, you need a permanent bluetooth connection between the two devices. If you want push notifications, you need VRM where the GX device is constantly monitoring the device and has an essentially permanent connection via Internet.

@HighTechLab am I wrong?
Correct. This is where something like the globallink 520 comes into play - if you didn't want to go all the way with a Cerbo-GX

So I need to pull for those errors or use a gateway, thanks

In case you didn't know, the BMV-712, the smartsolar MPPT and the smartshunt can log up to 45 days worth of battery data (voltage, current, etc.) on the Trends tab. While you won't get notifications, you will have the logs to see what happened.

In case you didn't know, the BMV-712, the smartsolar MPPT and the smartshunt can log up to 45 days worth of battery data (voltage, current, etc.) on the Trends tab. While you won't get notifications, you will have the logs to see what happened.
yes but it is about knowing right away rather than later :)

Back