diy solar

diy solar

Victron system

Rambo4450

So I’m new to solar and trying to sort through all this stuff.
Im trying to make my small camper off grid ready, so 500ah lithium batteries and 1200 watts of panels. But im trying to sort out how I can charge my batteries.
I want to run this system off solar 90% of the time, but I want to retain the option of shore power. The part I’m struggling with, how do I make the system prioritize the power in the batteries/solar over shore power?
This camper is very small so a multiplus or similar size part isn’t going to fit. Is there anything I can set up with components to make this work without having to manually manage shore power?
Telling me I’m crazy is 100% acceptable lol

This is one of the new compact series.
You still need a mppt with it.

Smal camper means you need your self to adjust what you can or can not use

So I’m new to solar and trying to sort through all this stuff.
Im trying to make my small camper off grid ready, so 500ah lithium batteries and 1200 watts of panels. But im trying to sort out how I can charge my batteries.
I want to run this system off solar 90% of the time, but I want to retain the option of shore power. The part I’m struggling with, how do I make the system prioritize the power in the batteries/solar over shore power?
This camper is very small so a multiplus or similar size part isn’t going to fit. Is there anything I can set up with components to make this work without having to manually manage shore power?
Telling me I’m crazy is 100% acceptable lol
The simplest means to prioritize is manually turn off one source and turn on the other. Many inverter chargers such as the Victron will have an automated way of doing this by monitoring battery/PV and shore power than switching when one source is going to come up short. AIO's will also incorporate a SCC.

This is one of the new compact series.
You still need a mppt with it.

Smal camper means you need your self to adjust what you can or can not use
I’m happy to self adjust, just trying to explain why I’m not jumping on one of the larger solutions.
Thank you! I’ll look into that model!

The simplest means to prioritize is manually turn off one source and turn on the other. Many inverter chargers such as the Victron will have an automated way of doing this by monitoring battery/PV and shore power than switching when one source is going to come up short. AIO's will also incorporate a SCC.
Thank you!

The larger Multiplus (and Quattro too) have the ability to ignore AC iinput based on certain conditions that you program. For example, you can use battery charge level (percent or voltage) to turn the AC input on or off. Also have the ability to turn on ACinput when inverter output goes above a level you set. It is very versatile.

I don't know if the small units have the same ability, but that is where I would focus your research. A search for "Conditional AC input control" should get you started.

The larger Multiplus (and Quattro too) have the ability to ignore AC iinput based on certain conditions that you program. For example, you can use battery charge level (percent or voltage) to turn the AC input on or off. Also have the ability to turn on ACinput when inverter output goes above a level you set. It is very versatile.

I don't know if the small units have the same ability, but that is where I would focus your research. A search for "Conditional AC input control" should get you started.
Wonderful thank you!
I’ve been struggling on that wording so that helps a ton!

I’m happy to self adjust, just trying to explain why I’m not jumping on one of the larger solutions.
Thank you! I’ll look into that model!
Its all about space.
If you can set a big one fine.
Or you can do the same like me.
All lose units so you can sett all the components on a different spot.

I can not know how big your camper be and what you gone use.
The small unit i have linkt is a option to use.

For the rest its you budget , space , what you need.

So personal i will start with a list what you need and gone use .
See what for watts u need .
If you indeed use a airco unit see what you have or what you gone use.

diy solar

diy solar
Back