diy solar

diy solar

Victron Tail current setting

STW

When my RV battery switches are on and I have the fridge on I run about 3a draw. This is the minimum draw I would see during camping. I noticed the default for Tail current was 2a. So it would seem the Victron 100/30 would never leave Absorb based on Tail current. It would stay in Absorb until it times out (6hrs default) because of the load.

So I am thinking I should set Tail current to at least 5a (3a for load and 2a as normal tail current). This way I would go into Float and the voltage would lower to 13.5 (my float value) instead of staying at Absorb voltage.

What do you think?

How about battery shunt and Cerbo, so battery current and be measured and regulated independent of loads?
(I don't have Victron so I don't know if it works with 100/30 or any other details.)

I am interested in the tail current settings as well and would really like comments on this parameter. I asked a question in this regard yesterday but my question was too closely related to the title of this thread so it got removed.
I have EVE 280Ah, 12v battery, Victron Smart Shunt, Overkill BMS. I really don't know what to set this tail current parameter at and looking for sound advice from those who might have similar setup.

I am interested in the tail current settings as well and would really like comments on this parameter. I asked a question in this regard yesterday but my question was too closely related to the title of this thread so it got removed.
I have EVE 280Ah, 12v battery, Victron Smart Shunt, Overkill BMS. I really don't know what to set this tail current parameter at and looking for sound advice from those who might have similar setup.
Nope, its here https://diysolarforum.com/threads/tail-current-and-my-victron-blue-smart-ac-dc-charger.37031/

Back