diy solar

diy solar

Victron vs SunSync

thenecroscope

Hello,

This my first post :)
I'm living in the UK and I'm looking to purchase my 1st home inverter.

I'm really struggling to make a choice between either the Multiplus ii 5000 or Sunsync 5.5kw

I prefer the idea of the Victron as its tried and tested and I suspect any of my data will be held in Europe. Its has a Low Frequency inverter. The cost is the biggest downside. Seems to have more support in general and also for Home Assistant,

I like the Sunsync system too as it seems more modern using a High Frequency inverter? I'm not sure where any of my data will be stored and who has remote access to the system, which worries me a bit. The firmware updates dont seem so well tested from my limited research.

Any thoughts on which is better solution as I'm sitting on the fence at the minute?

thanks!

I live in the US so it’s hard for me to comment but if I lived anywhere else on the planet I would 100% have a Victron system. They do everything right, good hardware, good software, good support, and have been doing it for years.

I wouldn’t even think twice about it being low frequency. Other than weight I don’t see if being a downside.

Back