diy solar

diy solar

Voltronic Axpert King vs Max (I vs II?)

freedomlives

east Slovakia - closest city is Užhorod, Ukraine
I want to make sure I understand things correctly. The major difference between the Max and the King, is the Max cannot be combining input from the Grid with PV or Battery? Either its "bidirectional dc-ac inverter" is converting AC to DC to charge the battery (and I suppose directly connecting grid to load?) or grid is disconnected and inverter is supplying the load (presumably from both battery and PV is possible)?

axpert_max_diagram.png

The King's diagram is labelled kind of weird, but I guess "PFC" is also the AC->DC converter? And it seems like PV energy has to go thru the SCC before getting to the inverter?
axpert_king_diagram.png
And did anything substantial change with the version II of these inverters? Only thing I see that's "big" is that the King II has a high voltage MPPT, while both Max I & II support up to 500V OC.

I'm trying to think thru how much it would really be an advantage to have the King feature of being able to combine power from PV and the grid. Obviously, in winter, there will be times when the sun is out, and the PV power can't handle the load, but then it could be charging the battery while the load is running on the grid.

Also, I'm certain that I want at least 8kW model of whatever AIO, as I could later buy some more panels and go from 5kW to 8kW PV on the roof, there is enough room.

(I found the diagrams in the repair manuals for Axpert inverters on this site.)

Reactions: kje
Thanks for the diagrams. It sure looks like the component labeled PFC is a AC to DC variable output controlled by the logic controller based on amount of supply available from PV. My question is what is the charger/discharger?

I want to make sure I understand things correctly. The major difference between the Max and the King, is the Max cannot be combining input from the Grid with PV or Battery? Either its "bidirectional dc-ac inverter" is converting AC to DC to charge the battery (and I suppose directly connecting grid to load?) or grid is disconnected and inverter is supplying the load (presumably from both battery and PV is possible)?

View attachment 111080

The King's diagram is labelled kind of weird, but I guess "PFC" is also the AC->DC converter? And it seems like PV energy has to go thru the SCC before getting to the inverter?
View attachment 111081
And did anything substantial change with the version II of these inverters? Only thing I see that's "big" is that the King II has a high voltage MPPT, while both Max I & II support up to 500V OC.

I'm trying to think thru how much it would really be an advantage to have the King feature of being able to combine power from PV and the grid. Obviously, in winter, there will be times when the sun is out, and the PV power can't handle the load, but then it could be charging the battery while the load is running on the grid.

Also, I'm certain that I want at least 8kW model of whatever AIO, as I could later buy some more panels and go from 5kW to 8kW PV on the roof, there is enough room.

(I found the diagrams in the repair manuals for Axpert inverters on this site.)
What inverter did you end up with? What is your experience? ?

Back