diy solar

diy solar

Wakespeed talking about doing feature install for me. They make the Balmer obsolete. wont need auto cold temp shutoff!

peallen

having Hydronic floors and DC AC put in this week.
They want to utilize there active BMS, video install on batteries, install their regulators. the APS 24v alternator
apparently cold temp shutoff wont be necessary with this regulator, as it adjust power to genitally warm to operating temp!!

April 9, 2020
Wakespeed has completed live testing of its integration with the REC Active BMS. The cooperative effort between Wakespeed and Slovenian BMS manufacturer REC enables Wakespeed's WS500 alternator to share connectivity with the REC BMS via a CANbus interface. Through this CANbus connection, the BMS can actively control alternator-based charging to ensure safe and optimal charging of LiFeP04 battery banks.

"We are pleased to have worked closely with the developers at BEC-BMS to bring about the pre-engineered integration of these two proven offerings", said Al Thomason, designer of the Wakespeed WS500 alternator regulator. "The result is a highly functional and properly-proofed system, which delivers a safe and reliable charging solution for lithium-based batteries."

This marks the third case of successful integration between the Wakespeed WS500 and factory BMS systems — the other proofed integrations are with Lithionics Batteries' Never-Die BMS and MG Energy's MG Master BMS.

having Hydronic floors and DC AC put in this week.
They want to utilize there active BMS, video install on batteries, install their regulators. the APS 24v alternator
apparently cold temp shutoff wont be necessary with this regulator, as it adjust power to genitally warm to operating temp!!

April 9, 2020
Wakespeed has completed live testing of its integration with the REC Active BMS. The cooperative effort between Wakespeed and Slovenian BMS manufacturer REC enables Wakespeed's WS500 alternator to share connectivity with the REC BMS via a CANbus interface. Through this CANbus connection, the BMS can actively control alternator-based charging to ensure safe and optimal charging of LiFeP04 battery banks.

"We are pleased to have worked closely with the developers at BEC-BMS to bring about the pre-engineered integration of these two proven offerings", said Al Thomason, designer of the Wakespeed WS500 alternator regulator. "The result is a highly functional and properly-proofed system, which delivers a safe and reliable charging solution for lithium-based batteries."

This marks the third case of successful integration between the Wakespeed WS500 and factory BMS systems — the other proofed integrations are with Lithionics Batteries' Never-Die BMS and MG Energy's MG Master BMS.
Hi, I am interested in your build since mine is very similar! I am hoping to use the Nations 280 amp. alternator, Wakespeed regulator and REC-Active BMS for a 12 volt 400Ah system. I have talked to Al and Rick at Wakespeed but it would be good to get your feel, since it is in your van. Just wondered if you have tried it out and if everything works?
Thanks,
johnplyler@gmail.com

Just stash the batteries under driver's seat.

Hi, I am interested in your build since mine is very similar! I am hoping to use the Nations 280 amp. alternator, Wakespeed regulator and REC-Active BMS for a 12 volt 400Ah system. I have talked to Al and Rick at Wakespeed but it would be good to get your feel, since it is in your van. Just wondered if you have tried it out and if everything works?
Thanks,
johnplyler@gmail.com
i ended up spending $1100 just for the BMS, and $550 on the wakespeed on the altermator. honestly, I feel I spemt to much and if I had to do it again i'd use wills $100 bms with low temp cutoff and the balmer. which was what 300?

Um, how does that genital warming work? No, on second thought, I really don't want to know. :)
through a special slovenian BMS that cost me $1100. Ya i was so excited i forgot to check price when i ordered it.

Back