diy solar

diy solar

Was anyone successful in getting Renogy DCC50s User profile to float for Li? SOLVED! DYNOMAN IS A LEGEND

That setting is only for new units (I bought mine last september from the EU website) and it's only available from the dc home app.
The max charge current can be set from the dc home app or the srne apps but not from renogy bt.

Edit: oh, that's with android.
I think it must be an Android/iOS thing. My DCC50S came from Renogy direct in October '23.

The settings I've done are seeming like a decent starting point. I've set Boost to 14.1V for 20 min, float to 13.4V, and max charging amps to 20A. I'll need to monitor things for a few weeks to see if it keeps the SOC where I want it and make adjustments from there.

That said, I've gone ahead and ordered a relay to isolate the starting battery from the charger. I think this will be the way to go so long as I don't have installed solar. This way it will just be a quick and easy push of a button in the cab to put some fast charge into the battery rather than needing to open an app and mess with settings.

Thanks for the help, everyone - the prompted me read more deeply into all of these charger settings and I think I've got a much better understanding of how they work and how to set them up.

Back