diy solar

diy solar

Weize 12 volt 100ah LiFePo4 battery on Amazon?

Swamperdog

Has anyone purchased this new Weize LiFePo4 12 volt 100ah battery on Amazaon? It looks interesting and has a $100 off coupon right now taking the price below $650. It doesn't list low temp charge protection but I live in the South US so it's not a big issue for me. I'm hoping Will has one of these on order and will test it!

Has anyone purchased this new Weize LiFePo4 12 volt 100ah battery on Amazaon? It looks interesting and has a $100 off coupon right now taking the price below $650. It doesn't list low temp charge protection but I live in the South US so it's not a big issue for me. I'm hoping Will has one of these on order and will test it!
The Amazon cost is $706.86 with tax and there are other batteries in this price range.
At the regular price it is over $800 from Amazon.
I bought a superior 100Ah LFP Battle Born for $835 on sale.
The terminals on that Weize are tiny and the wires inside are probably undersized.
There is no reason Will would test this battery. There are No specs on this battery. Minimum 96Ah!!!!

You can buy a similar $384 100Ah from China shipping cost to California is 150USD. Total is 235+149USD= 384USD. (DDP Sending)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply MBR. I just saw that Will tested another cheap LiFePo4 battery recently (ExpertPower) and found it pretty good except for no low temp charging protection and limitations around chaining batteries together. I think what we're seeing is the market maturing and other low cost options entering the market. My hope is they'll be able to drive the price down while maintaining quality control. It sounds like it's not quite there yet and the Battle Born batteries is the best option.

I am also wondering how does the new weize perform. I live in Bay Area where it never freezes so I do not care much about the temperature controller.
Based on the video I saw I am very much inclined to buy the Expert power battery. Would love to see a comparison to Weize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Weize offers fast delivery unlike ExpertPower.

I am also wondering how does the new weize perform. I live in Bay Area where it never freezes so I do not care much about the temperature controller.
Based on the video I saw I am very much inclined to buy the Expert power battery. Would love to see a comparison to Weize.
How much is a 100Ah Expert power shipped with tax?

Any updates on the Weize lithium battery? It’s $550 on Amazon, so surely someone has drank the Kool-Aid by now. I’d love to see a tear down of it...or at least see some test results. The Expert Power temp cutoff issue and small wires turned me off. Of course Battle Born is at the top of my list, but still curious about the Weize.

Any updates on the Weize lithium battery? It’s $550 on Amazon, so surely someone has drank the Kool-Aid by now. I’d love to see a tear down of it...or at least see some test results. The Expert Power temp cutoff issue and small wires turned me off. Of course Battle Born is at the top of my list, but still curious about the Weize.
Well scratch that. It was $550 literally yesterday and now showing unavailable. Feel free to chime in if you have one. Wait, found it. Sorry.

The SOK 100Ah as tested by Will Prowse on Youtube for $570 is the best candidate right now.
Watch the video and use the link to buy.

Well scratch that. It was $550 literally yesterday and now showing unavailable. Feel free to chime in if you have one.
Well scratch that. It was $550 literally yesterday and now showing unavailable. Feel free to chime in if you have one.
The SOK 100Ah as tested by Will Prowse on Youtube for $570 is the best candidate right now.
Thanks!
I didn’t see his video in that one. I saw Love Your RV’s video on it. Thanks for the heads up!

I installed 4 Weize 12V100AH batteries in a friends 5er yesterday. He bought them without consulting with me. Why on earth would you buy a 10 year warranty battery that you cannot contact the company for warranty service and support? To me it is worth the extra money for the Battle Born support and warranty.

Since the Weize appears to not have a low temperature cut off to protect it from charging, I installed a battery heater that I designed and have been using for quite some time. I also installed a Thornwave Bluetooth battery monitor, so we can get historical data on the batteries. We plan to do some more testing.

I bought one from Amazon and we use it to power our cpap machines when camping so as not to drain the coach batteries. It has worked great, so far.

diy solar

diy solar
Back