diy solar

diy solar

What are you doing to save energy?

Something that has been helpful is battery powered motion activated lighting. Have installed a couple in the home and they can be quite handy. Just purchased some to be placed on the staircase to improve safety during the night.

I am new to the GE Profile so I figured I’d read the manual. So I figured out how to put the unit in ECO dry. 761 watts on that load.
Wow! How long did it take to dry on that setting?

Also, with discounts, Lowes has this machine right now for under 2k! Might be buying sooner than I thought!

Last edited:
My power company has a really nice chart system for usage. 12-2pm was laundry time so most of that is dryer and electric hot water heater. 6-8pm is shower/bath time for my wife and 2 kids last night. I could probably halve my electricity use by replacing those both with high efficiency units.Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 10.20.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Wow! How long did it take to dry on that setting?

Also, with discounts, Lowes has this machine right now for under 2k! Might be buying sooner than I thought!
On the display meter it said it took 1hour and 45 minutes for the 761watts. On the first load it was 2 hours and 22 minutes. So that probably played a big role in the energy usage. I think load size affects the amount of power used. It seems to weigh it in the beginning. So I would not think every load would come in at the 761 watt’s. Yeah I talked to the manager at Lowe’s and he brought my price down. (Because Florida energy star tax holiday)

Attachments

• IMG_4146.png
    IMG_4146.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 6
On the display meter it said it took 1hour and 45 minutes for the 761watts. On the first load it was 2 hours and 22 minutes. So that probably played a big role in the energy usage. I think load size affects the amount of power used. It seems to weigh it in the beginning. So I would not think every load would come in at the 761 watt’s. Yeah I talked to the manager at Lowe’s and he brought my price down. (Because Florida energy star tax holiday)
Wow! Thats even better. Sadly, I dont have rebates for this in my area. :( I do have 30% tax credit for a heat pump hot water heater though.

I am still having to put a clothes dryer vent in my house that I'm building even though I'm never likely to use it. Building inspector agreed with me but thems the rules. Under 2K huh, I might have to add it to my kitchen appliance order.

I am still having to put a clothes dryer vent in my house that I'm building even though I'm never likely to use it. Building inspector agreed with me but thems the rules. Under 2K huh, I might have to add it to my kitchen appliance order.

Same with the instructions saying it needs an individual 15a branch circuit. Surely thats a left over code thing from dyers needing their own dedicated circuit, as well. @BKY2003 did you run an individual circuit for the machine?

Back