diy solar

diy solar

What circuit breakers are you using?

harpo

Good at many things, master of none
Updating my system that has been running for 6 years. I am going to install a combiner box with a rail for circuit breakers. What brand circuit breakers have proven to be of good quality? Where can I purchase them and are they UL listed?
Many thanks!

I,am using for my panel strings regulair ABB or Siemens breakers they have a DC rating in een standart DIN rail box , way cheaper than a factory combiner box.
But for my batteries im using an outback DC breaker, terible expensive, but could get nothing else 8 years ago .
I have seen on Amazon a lot of 100A breakers from diferent brands, but wich one can i trust, sombody has an opinion, they are cheap .

If I don’t use Midnite solar circuit breakers as mentioned I’m using fuses.

I am open to any legit DC circuit breaker with at least a 150 VDC rating. That voltage covers any growth I have. Legit would mean tested with a compliance sheet. I‘m sure there’s more than midnite out there, but that’s what I found when I researched. I would not want to use an ubranded, unlabeled circuit breaker. Definitely not any of the “Audio” breakers intended for stereo installs.

MidniteSolar has fantastic combiner boxes and a variety of 150VDC fuses.

You can often find them discounted at other retailers.
Today I Learned (TIL) there is a land-locked country within South Africa named Lesotho. This is where at least some of Midnight Solar's circuit breakers are made.

Back