diy solar

diy solar

What is better?

erickbotic

Hi Guys,
im completely new to this so i need some advice... im running the following system:

3 solar panels 310w, 30v each
EPEVER 60A MPPT Controller
3000w Inverter 24v
1 24V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithium Battery

Ive had two set ups and this is the numbers i get:
Panels in parallel and i get 30v, 20.3a, 727kwh, with the battery being at 27.7v, 21.9a
Panels in series and i get 90v, 2.8a, 727kwh, with the battery being at 27.3v, 9.4a.

Is a small room with a small fridge, tv and ceiling fan and a few light bulbs... which set up should i use? anything i need to change? am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
im completely new to this so i need some advice... im running the following system:

3000w Inverter 24v
2 Batteries 200 amp each.

Panels in parallel and i get 30v, 20.3a, 727kwh, with the battery being at 27.7v, 21.9a
Panels in series and i get 90v, 2.8a, 727kwh, with the battery being at 27.3v, 9.4a.

Is a small room with a small fridge, tv and ceiling fan and a few light bulbs... which set up should i use? anything i need to change? am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!
727kWh over the day total output? Sounds like your needs are low, and the battery charges easily.

Panels will only output what is drawn from them.

Hi Guys,

3000w Inverter 24v
2 Batteries 200 amp each.

Thanks!
I think the voltage is to low to charge unless you have full sun if you wire in parallel. Series configuration is probably best in your situation.

If shade is an issue you may be stuck with 3p, but if you get clear skies then 3s is the better option.

Panels will only output what is drawn from them
This! Panels don't PUSH power into a system, the battery ASKS the SCC for power and the controller ASKS the panels to produce. The SCC limits how much can go to the batteries and at what voltage, the panels just provide the SCC with whatever they can accomplish.

Unless the battery is dipping below 26 volts at some point all would seem fine.
Is there something that does not meet you expectations?

Unless the battery is dipping below 26 volts at some point all would seem fine.
Is there something that does not meet you expectations?
Im guessing at night would be normal to drop below that? and not really just did the whole thing just watching youtube videos and wanted to make sure i did everything right...

One more question... this is an off grid system... running the ceiling fan all night and the fridge the battery is pretty much dead by morning time (lets say 12 hours with no sun) if the next day is pretty dark out im afraid it wont last another night... what do you guys recommend so i dont have this problem?

One more question... this is an off grid system... running the ceiling fan all night and the fridge the battery is pretty much dead by morning time (lets say 12 hours with no sun) if the next day is pretty dark out im afraid it wont last another night... what do you guys recommend so i dont have this problem?
Off grid I recommend at least three days of battery. If your system goes but 12 hours I would be looking at 6x to 10x battery.

Back