diy solar

diy solar

What is the definition of each of the terms (AC output rated current) and (max continuous AC passthrough), in this inverter data sheet?

My impression is that "passthrough" means when the inverter is connected to the grid. It can "pass through" AC current, meaning that the inverter is not converting the DC power in the batteries to AC, but just passing through the AC current from the grid.

Conversely, AC output power would be when it is not connected to the grid, the amount that it is able to convert from DC batteries to AC power.

My impression is that "passthrough" means when the inverter is connected to the grid. It can "pass through" AC current, meaning that the inverter is not converting the DC power in the batteries to AC, but just passing through the AC current from the grid.

Conversely, AC output power would be when it is not connected to the grid, the amount that it is able to convert from DC batteries to AC power.
I totally understood this, thank u
what about the other two specificatios , the (ac output rated current) and ( max ac cuurent) ...I mean is there any specified conditions for both them?

Yeah, I'm also not sure about "rated" vs "max continuous" vs "surge/peak". Or rather I think I understand "continuous" vs "surge" ("surge" or "peak" is for a very short time, Victron shows that time for each piece of equipment, but it's usually from less than a second to a few seconds).

But I don't know what "rated" means ... at least not when compared with "continuous" and I'm confused about how "rated" could be lower than "continuous" Perhaps "rated" is at some specific ambient temp? Whereas "max continuous" is at some unspecified lower temp?

Yeah, I'm also not sure about "rated" vs "max continuous" vs "surge/peak". Or rather I think I understand "continuous" vs "surge" ("surge" or "peak" is for a very short time, Victron shows that time for each piece of equipment, but it's usually from less than a second to a few seconds).

But I don't know what "rated" means ... at least not when compared with "continuous" and I'm confused about how "rated" could be lower than "continuous" Perhaps "rated" is at some specific ambient temp? Whereas "max continuous" is at some unspecified lower temp?
rated current could be compared to the rated power of the inverter!
otherwise, i'm still looking for answers...thanks alot for giving help buddy

Back