diy solar

diy solar

What would you do?

You hope they don’t look like this?

View attachment 216773
Exactly.

It shows how strong 2mm of glass can be. He wasn't a big guy. Maybe 85kg,but still...

I haven't unpacked all of them yet. The top one looks good though. I haven't heard any crunching. So if they didn't do more of that stuff in the depot I'm hoping it'll be fine.

It's one of the reasons why I have cameras filming all my deliveries, all my handling and unpacking too. Just in case

This is the second delivery (of 5 panels this time) after the one on the bottom was broken in the previous delivery of 24. Before they used such a flimsy pallet it visually flexed when it was lifted by a pallet jack. This time they use a good pallet, but this guy stands on a panel covered by only cardboard. It's a miracle it didn't crack.

BTW, does anyone have a method of moving these one by one that doesn't require two people? They are not heavy, but extremely difficult to lift on your own on account of size.

Last edited:
Exactly.

It shows how strong 2mm of glass can be. He wasn't a big guy. Maybe 85kg,but still...

I haven't unpacked all of them yet. The top one looks good though. I haven't heard any crunching. So if they didn't do more of that stuff in the depot I'm hoping it'll be fine.

It's one of the reasons why I have cameras filming all my deliveries, all my handling and unpacking too. Just in case

This is the second delivery (of 5 panels this time) after the one on the bottom was broken in the previous delivery of 24. Before they used such a flimsy pallet it visually flexed when it was lifted by a pallet jack. This time they use a good pallet, but this guy stands on a panel covered by only cardboard. It's a miracle it didn't crack.

BTW, does anyone have a method of moving these one by one that doesn't require two people? They are not heavy, but extremely difficult to lift on your own on account of size.
They are tough to handle by yourself. You could get a plywood - dry wall sheet handle carrier. I carried my big panels by myself no handle - was tough with bad back - neck had to go lay down afterwords. 😳 They are only ~60-70 pounds each but because of size hard to grab. I looked at some new BYD 650w panels but said no way. They are cheap from local supplier…..~$160 each. They are friggin monsters.
My 390w bifacial panels are tough by myself. The eco-worthy 200w bifacial panels are very easy….. broken on in picture….shipper killed it. Probably stepped on it. Watched video of them going on roof and installers walk all over those. The 390w and 325w versions are lot heavier and feel tougher. I wonder how the light weight eco-worthy will hold up to hail The 325w panels suffered no damage in small hail storm.

Oh…
The good for moving panels…. most ppl set them then do not touch again. Santan Solar sent my big new 390w panels standing up not flat. No one could walk on them. The used 325w they sent flat?

IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg
IMG_1854.jpeg
Had known how well those 325w panels worked would just ordered 10 on a pallet vs buying the 390w bifacial of which they only had 4 . The shipping cost was high at that time. ~$500 There is no reason to load them - step on them at that price.

The Fedex man tossed my batteries on front deck when delivering them. I was gone but front camera caught him . He is a shit head - again tossed them. Later had get a replacement because the bms self destructed in a battery. I suspect his rough handling Made report to fedex. The battery seller sent replacement via request ups.

All 5 are fine

These are 585W bifacial Jinko. Very similar in size to a sheet of plywood or osb. Currently I'm moving them with my wife's help.

Before I gor them I thought, maybe I'll test this or that location... No way. They are getting installed and they will stay there.

Reactions: D71
Back