diy solar

diy solar

What's the best solar-related item you bought in 2023?

SPAN panel....probably the best power device I have ever owned. Eventually, it will be my critical load panel as well but for now it has all of the analytics I could want. Replaced a 25-year-old dinosaur of an electrical panel that had a smoldering fire in it.
Second would have been my EG4 18KPV with a wall battery, but my first 5 days of commissioning experience have been very bad. Either I got a lemon or the firmware is not ready for primetime...still hacking away at it for now but going on day 6 and it still can do simple stuff.

OK after a few days with EG4 tech support my system is operating as designed and per my requirements. EG4 was able to get everything working perfectly albeit it took time and I am impatient. it started up fine, just took some firmware tweaks to dial in peak shaving. Now the only outstanding issue is, I don't know what they did. Some double secret backdoor firmware changes that it appears I don't have access to. I plan on getting full firmware access as this is my equipment that I need to make changes to annually as my rates change. the firmware access on the PC app vs the phone app is different and even the manual is different so I am sure it is a work in progress as changes are made
good job EG4 tech support Colt who helped me

Back