diy solar

diy solar

Where can I add in my power bank?

ByronCallon

IMG_20230107_171646.jpg

Completely off grid. This is my workshop that is currently powered by a 6500 watt generator via a 240v line. I intend on using my newly purchased a 24v Growatt 3000 AiO and two 12v 100ah lithium batteries that will be connected in series for only running the lights and a few outlets that are designated for small tools or charging devices/tools. I will purchase solar in the near future, so until then I will charge the batteries off of the generator.

The red box is the line leaving the breaker box for the ceiling lights. The green box is an open breaker ( I have disconnected it since this picture was taken. An extra question regarding this breaker posted at end.) I purchased this switch to install on the line indicated by the red box. I am thinking I could switch it one way to run the big tools off of the generator, or when I just need lights, Ill turn the generator off and then run the lights off of the batteries.

The second option (green box) is something that I was wondering for long term as I would like to power this breaker panel with batteries eventually. Can I simply wire the AC out from the AiO to this breaker to charge the panel?

To add to this second focus, when I started out I intended on running my 6500 watt generator for running large tools and then using my 1400 watt for lights or charging tools. I wired in my smaller generator to the green box breaker in the picture and the small generator would trip. I disconnected the incoming 240v line from the larger generator as I thought maybe it was traveling back to the larger generator and tripping. That proved to not work. It didnt trip, but it also didnt work to bring the entire breaker panel online. (Again, I only wanted to give power to the lights).

Are there better, or easier ways to tackle what I want to achieve?

Thanks in advance!

Back