diy solar

diy solar

Which mini split?

Yosemite Fred

I am going to be installing my solar equipment in a shed that will also have a freezer and some food storage in it and trying to decide whether to go with a 9000 btu unit or a 12000 btu hybrid unit. The shed is about 200 square feet and eventually will be insulated. I have 25000 kWh worth of batteries .Phase two will be doing wiring for critical loads in my house and a mini split for a guest house. I am going to add onto the shed later on. My thought is with the hybrid unit I can use solar during the day and batteries at night. Pros or cons?
Thank you for your input.

Depending on location it runs anywhere from 20btu to 40btu per SQ ft. Also depends on heating and cooling. They ain't the same cat nor color regions depending as well.

Airspool minisplit qualify for the 30% tax credit, if you live in USA. EG4 does not. Also, thermostat on the EG4 does not work well.

Are you planning a DIY install, or hiring someone? Most of the contractors on Subreddit HVAC advise only install Daikin they claim it's the only decent brand. They also say those quick disconnects Mr Cool, EG4 use are junk I'm only going by what they say. Then again how can they judge a product if their only experience is fixing broken ones.

I did have great luck with Senville off Amazon. It never turns off. Put it in bedroom and during the day I have a box fan blowing it out of the room to keep the house cooler in the day. Night time it is 72F Berrrr... wife freezes me out.

EG4 12k btu will need 800 watts of panels to run (manual lies), I run mine on 4 Rich Solar 200w and for grid it is plugged into my Bluetti AC300! I love this unit and it is Alexa controllable with the Cielo add-on for Alexa as well which means other smart things can turn it on or off, humidity level for example… 12k btu = 600 sq/ft insulated, but could push it to 800 based on how mine performs.

Airspool minisplit qualify for the 30% tax credit, if you live in USA. EG4 does not. Also, thermostat on the EG4 does not work well.
Respectfully Jim, that is not accurate. :) EG4 and Airspool 12k hybrid are the same unit manufactured by Deye. With that said, EG4 has DIY linesets of fixed 5M length whereas the Airspool guy can supply DIY linesets of whatever length you want - may be useful for someone's installation.
Screenshot_20240709_212945_Samsung Internet.jpg

Respectfully Jim, that is not accurate. :) EG4 and Airspool 12k hybrid are the same unit manufactured by Deye. With that said, EG4 has DIY linesets of fixed 5M length whereas the Airspool guy can supply DIY linesets of whatever length you want - may be useful for someone's installation.
View attachment 227644
And… out of stock ;-D

diy solar

diy solar
Back