diy solar

diy solar

Which Victron controller for 4 REC 410 watts panels

Anna Blume

Hi

I've been researching and reading a lot about solar systems and the more I understand, the more I realise how little I actually know.

We are living off grid and installed a mini solar system in one location to run 12V.
We got advised that 4 x REC 410 Watts (parallel) controlled by 2 Victron MPPT 150/75 controllers and a battery bank of 6 x 12V lead Acid batteries (parallel) would do the trick for our needs to run a few 12v fridges/freezers, charge devices via USB and it does.

Currently we want to install another system at the shed with the purpose of generating 240V.

We so far have 8 x 410 Watts REC panels.
A Kubota Diesel generator LowBoy 6000 that has the capacity to get integrated into the system, firing up if needed, but I don't know how hard that's going to be to implement it properly, so that's right now on the backburner.

We are thinking of using 48V AGM Batteries up there, because we want to primarily end up with 240V at this location.
How many? No idea. Input needed. We've enough storage space, space is not the issue. Efficiency, reliability and low fire risk is the priority.

We again don't want to use 1 controller for all 8 panels but rather split it. 2 controllers for 4 panels or 3 for 3, 3, 2 with the option to integrate another panel down the track ... whatever makes sense.

I'd be very grateful for input and assistance in regards to controller size.
Or any input that might make more sense than what we've come up with so far.

Cheers,
Anna

Attachments

• Solar Panel Datasheet REC Alpha Pure-R 410W.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
This will give you your 240 volt with 2 mppt inputs this is a aio unithttps://ss.currentconnected.com/product/mpp-lv6548-6-5kw-120v-inverter/

Back