diy solar

diy solar

Why so cheap?

I think they manufacture the batteries themselves, given what I have experienced with them so far. Mine have now been shipped from China on a train heading to Spain. I have a friend who is very into off-grid electricity generation who assisted me with this purchase so I decided to take the gamble based on his opinions. When they get here and we have tested them, I will make a report.

each cell is 3.2-3.6V it takes 4 cells to make a 12V pack. Even the BB's have 4 Cylindricals in them. Toss in a $60 BMS and a casing and voila.

LFP is not new chemistry and companies know how long they can last if cared for. BB warrantees things at their risk/expense but that is also buffered by their price of $900USD per battery. But then they have contracted their materials for a specific quality level and standard which they pay for as well.
BB's don't have 4 cylindrical cells, they have numerous 18650's.

And a DIY would cost even less than RJ. That's the direction I am going in although I haven't decided yet exactly what to do. The thing with DIY is it is fun hassle can be frustrating type of thing. But when completed I will know exactly what I have...cells, BMS and so on. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Oh yes, please do. Thanks!
Hey Gazoo, Did you figure out your build? I see them around $500 not including BMS or case. RJ is offering them for $500 built but still not sure about the company.

Why not buy from a reasonably close importer? Why not indicate your location??

Distributor in Utah, US has fresh tons of LFP batteries, for today's example, no need to ship from China.
--

Hey Gazoo, Did you figure out your build? I see them around $500 not including BMS or case. RJ is offering them for $500 built but still not sure about the company.

I am still thinking about possibilities. My need is a bit different as I want to build a UPS with the ability to expand later to solar. I was tempted to get the Ecoflow r600 Pro as it can be used as an UPS but passed on it. I keep thinking if I build it myself I will know exactly what I have, and the ability to change settings. That and the R600 Pro is 600 watts. I will be happy with 1000 watts.

The inverter will most likely be Samlex or Aims inverter/charger or a MPP Solar. But anyways as far as batteries I am a bit skeptical of RJ Lithium. It would be helpful if we knew anyone that used their warranty and the outcome. I will admit I do like the RJ Lithium 12 volt 200ah battery that can also be found on alibaba with the ability to monitor the battery but I don't know that the settings can be changed. Same one as sailing gal ordered and waiting for more feedback.

https://lifepo4batteries.en.alibaba...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.14.42aa653ciiMHGg

I also like the Xuba 280ah batteries. That's a really good deal for a DIY and I am pretty sure I would get the BMS from overkill seller on amazon. But no matter what one chooses for a build with individual cells, if one cell goes bad it would be easy to swap out. So bottom line is I am still looking and learning. Currently I have 2 Valance 40hr batteries hooked in parallel and a 300 watt sinewave inverter. It will power my 55" LG OLED TV for a good 9 hours. This was my first venture into "DIY" and I am really happy with that set up and plan to keep it for portable use.

Why not buy from a reasonably close importer? Why not indicate your location??

Distributor in Utah, US has fresh tons of LFP batteries, for today's example, no need to ship from China.
--
I am in Los Angeles, Ca. Finding a good distributer close would be great. My ultimate goal would be 2 150AH lifepo4

Do you want 2 cells or $4k worth? If the latter a drive to SLC (the Fortune guy) would be worth your while. He's got tons right now.
--

So, my CRJ 200 Ah 12V batteries finally arrived (after about 2 months). I believe they were stuck in customs between Belarus and Poland for about 3 weeks (I am in Spain). One 200 Ah battery weighs much less than one AGM battery. I am currently charging them fully and doing a full discharge to try to synchronize the BMS reporting better. One battery we discharged with some light bulbs to where the BMS said it had no Ah left, but the bulb has been shining brightly for hours. Still has plenty of voltage, so I am hoping to take it to its minimum voltage and then charge to get everything to synchronize and report properly. So far, they seem to have plenty of power in them. I charged one with a battery charger and another with a solar panel. When I get more results, will post more. They do seem to do what they said they would. The only thing so far that I can complain about is that the BMS was not properly reporting and the batteries come with absolutely no paperwork. I downloaded all the specs from their website.

Thanks for the update. I thought abought getting a pack vs building my own and decided to build my own. Still looking forward to more results when you get around to it.

I ended up going with the LifePo4 batteries from Xuba. Like Sailing Gal I am in the process of testing. I went with 280AH then received some money back and bought another set so 560AH total. Trying to figure out a case but so far these batteries have been excellent for me in initial stages. I got lucky and received them in about 30 days. I hope to stress test these with my AC next week and see what happens. I just put a soft start in this morning. I will reply with results then. Looking forward to Sailing Girls results also.

Attachments

• batteries.jpg
    batteries.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 4
I am in the group buy for 8 cells. Hopefully they will be shipped next week. Did you see the battery box Amy is selling? I am concerned about shipping costs for it but it looks great.

I am in the group buy for 8 cells. Hopefully they will be shipped next week. Did you see the battery box Amy is selling? I am concerned about shipping costs for it but it looks great.
I did not see any boxes from them. You don't happen to have a picture do you Gazoo? I am limited on space 27x7.5x9 inches. If these were not my constraints it would be easy to slap them in almost anything. lol

Update on testing of CRJ LFP batteries. They are performing extremely well. I ordered 2- 200Ah LFPs from them from China. Because this is going on a boat for a house bank of batteries, I stayed with a total of 400 Ah because that apparently is the maximum that work well together without having to install external BMS's, and, that should be plenty adequate for my purposes on my sailboat-which also has 400 W of solar panels and a wind generator and operates with 12V. Upon arrival, the BMS units did not seem to be making alot of sense per the Bluetooth information I was getting from the BMS. So, I charged both to the maximum, one with a solar panel and one with a 12V battery charger. Both batteries stopped charging at about 13.67V and indicated 210 Ah available, the BMS indicated 100% charged. I then put each on a 35 Ah load (several automotive halogen bulbs wired together). After about 4 hours, the voltage was reading 12.9V and the BMS indicated 72 Ah were left. Eventually, after several more hours the batteries were down to 10.67V and remaining Ah was zero. I can say that they performed better than expected. I was very impressed with the fact that after 4 hours of a 35 A load, the voltage was still barely under 13V. All BMS readings were double checked with an amp meter and were within reasonable tolerance for small differences in the two readings. So far, I can say the batteries are quite impressive and delivering what I had hoped. For me, since I am currently in Europe, the price was great. I suspect that with the current tariff situations between the U.S. and China, the price is higher for delivery in the U.S. But they are considerably cheaper than Battle Born, not quite as cheap as a total DIY job I suspect, but still, quite reasonable. Being a newbie at this, I am not going to open the box and take a look inside and then try to reseal, unless some problem pops up.

The boxes are not on their website. You can see it in this thread:

It looks nice and something I might be interested in. It might be too big for you. I wish I had more info on it...lol.
Thank you again. Most I see on alibaba require a minimum 100 pc purchase. I've seen one on ebay also but the guy wants $120 and the specs are not clear.

Back