diy solar

diy solar

Will Prowse Blooper Reel anyone?

I hear you Will. Every time I post a video, I cringe, just waiting to hear what I did wrong this time, or my hair is too big, or I'm really a transvestite (get the last two almost weekly). Heavens forbid, I once did a review of battery boxes on Halloween and I wore goofy wigs. Well, that was unprofessional, I should be fired (for goodness sakes, it was a video about plastic boxes, get over it). It took me a long time to laugh some of them off, although every now and then one still gets through my thick skin (and big hair). I let most of them stay up unless they are truly insulting, and then find great joy with the delete comment button. Every now and then if I feel feisty I'll poke the bear and play with the trolls.

I hear you Will. Every time I post a video, I cringe, just waiting to hear what I did wrong this time, or my hair is too big, or I'm really a transvestite (get the last two almost weekly). Heavens forbid, I once did a review of battery boxes on Halloween and I wore goofy wigs. Well, that was unprofessional, I should be fired (for goodness sakes, it was a video about plastic boxes, get over it). It took me a long time to laugh some of them off, although every now and then one still gets through my thick skin (and big hair). I let most of them stay up unless they are truly insulting, and then find great joy with the delete comment button. Every now and then if I feel feisty I'll poke the bear and play with the trolls.

The internet certainly has no shortage of grumpy opinionated people, know-it-alls, backseat drivers, and just downright toxic people. Add gender into the mix to really multiply that toxicity. At the same time, the internet brings out the better side in us as well. Wikipedia, the open source movement, forums like this one, Craigslist, etc are all examples of the internet working as intended, and fostering peoples desire to help, and share, and collaborate, learn.

As someone who has pretty thick skin in terms of disagreement, debate, or having my ideas challenged, but pretty thin skin when it comes to people being downright disrespectful or insulting, I admire you both for putting your yourselves out there. And as I've learned I've gotten a lot from your content.

Back