diy solar

diy solar

Will's 48v Complete System Blueprint question

zorrotm

I bought the two inverters and batteries Will recommended in his blueprint linked below. I thought in one of his later videos he was recommending a different fuse situation. Maybe I'm wrong. So I'm asking if the blueprint list is still his current best recommendations and to anyone who has bought these items if you have any tips would be helpful.
Thanks
https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/48v-complete-system-blueprint.html

And one more question, what is this part exactly, looks like another fuse? Is there another one for negative too? Don't see it on parts list. What am I missing?

Attachments

• Image 11-25-23 at 7.53 PM.jpeg
    Image 11-25-23 at 7.53 PM.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
That’s a class t fuse on the positive cable (orange) he’s feeding something else with that battery bank also

He is actually running 3 large battery banks on that dual 6500 system. That fuse is in between another bank and the feed to the bank in front of you in the pic that runs to the inverter.

My question is, if your running 2 AIO's and one large 30kWh battery rack, would running one set of inverter cables to the top of the rack's buss bars and the other AIO's battery cables to the bottom of the rack buss bars help reduce current sharing issues, instead of connecting them both at the top or the diagonal way?

My question is, if your running 2 AIO's and one large 30kWh battery rack, would running one set of inverter cables to the top of the rack's buss bars and the other AIO's battery cables to the bottom of the rack buss bars help reduce current sharing issues, instead of connecting them both at the top or the diagonal way?
The diagonal method has has been shown to work well, unless both inverter’s are using or charging exactly the same you will create a balance issue

Back