diy solar

diy solar

working as designed... not as intended

Subestile

finally got my solark 15k system up and running. my previous enphase system with tesla battery is running through the AC coupled side and its REALLY not happy to be there. the tesla gateway 2 thinks its offgrid (confirmed with Solark this is a known issue and no fix available) and those solar panels wont do anything at all except keep the tesla battery full and only allows 0.2kw from the battery through the AC coupled side of the solark it seems according to the tesla app. obvious solution is to remove the tesla system from the equation which I am ok with as long as I can find a buyer for the powerwall2/gateway2 in a reasonable amount of time. until then since I was already considering moving everything into a critical loads subpanel to run the house offgrid if necessary moving the original solar back how it was through the main panel and leaving non critical loads through that like the pool pump, irrigation system and such and moving much other the other loads to a subpanel that will be primarily fed by the solark. Thoughts on this setup and what would be necessary other than the subpanel itself? Im not forseeing the tesla battery being easy/quick to sell at this point not finding much of a second hand market on it.

Just curious: why add a 15k to your sysyem?
I didnt just add a solark. I also added 30kw of ruixu batteries and 19.2kw additional pannels. Originally I was going to stay all micro inverters but it would have required me to do a lot more changes to the original system than I wanted to. Unfortunately that choice has come with other consequences

Don't know if this would work:

Grid into enphase/powerwall system. Load of enphase to grid input of sol-ark. Main panel to load of sol-ark.

Don't know if this would work:

Grid into enphase/powerwall system. Load of enphase to grid input of sol-ark. Main panel to load of sol-ark.
dont believe the enphase/tesla gateway system has that sort of capabilities and I would lose most of the features of the solark by doing so even if it would be possible.

Grid into sol-ark. Enphase into smart load of sol-ark. Main panel on load of sol-ark.

How much enphase?
7.4kw on the enphase system, it has to be ac coupled only way it can go into the solark is through the load or gen inputs. generator is what is recommended by solark as it can monitor volume of input from that where it can not from the load input.

7.4kw on the enphase system, it has to be ac coupled only way it can go into the solark is through the load or gen inputs. generator is what is recommended by solark as it can monitor volume of input from that where it can not from the load input.
The reason gen input is recommended is because the sol-ark can disconnect the enphase if it overproduces when grid is down - does note respond to frequency shifting to reduce production.

dont believe the enphase/tesla gateway system has that sort of capabilities and I would lose most of the features of the solark by doing so even if it would be possible.
Sol-ark should look like load to the enphase.
What features of the sol-ark do you loose? Put the CT between the enphase and meter.

On grid down, enphase should island, and provide power to the sol-ark. When the powerwall runs out, the sol-ark islands from the enphase. That's what I'm thinking it might be able to do. Hopefully it sees the enphase as generator on grid line. Worst case sol-ark islands from the enphase when grid is down - which means that gen input is better.

this is resolved, the tesla still does not like working as a slave system, its working as well as it can be currently but when doing time of use it just dumps until empty even if its just selling back to the grid and not using the power for the house as desired. It will be replaced with additional Ruixu batteries assuming I can sell it.

Back