diy solar

diy solar

WTS Winston Thundersky 160Ah LiFeYPo4 cells CA or WTB two cells

ice69man2005

PRICE DROP TO $80 EACH
PRICE DROP TO $80 EACH
PRICE DROP TO $80 EACH

TLDR: My gramps got screwed so I'm trying to sell the cells for him at what he paid for them for $90 each near San Luis Obispo, California. No shipping due to his health. (Might be able to ship soon when my brother visits)

The back story:

I'm trying to sell these cells for my grandfather. He lives in Cali but I'm on the east coast and had been planning on building him a 48V powerwall on my next trip out to see him. I found a seller on eBay in Florida who was on eBay for a few years with a decent amount of feedback and was selling these cells from an abandoned solar project. I had my grandfather order 20 cells just in case there were problems with any of the cells or shipping issues but Murphy's law led to both. I had hoped to be able to build a backup pack for his Bluetti if all four had been good.....

There were five shipments and one was entirely lost, leaving only 16 cells left. They were no where close to as clean looking as the photos in the pictures and the problems didn't stop there. One had a chip in the corner and another had 0.22V and he already has the pair of 48V inverters there so these are useless now. My grandfather tried to open up the case and due his age along with some health problems had ordered five separate times and mismatched the tracking numbers to the right orders so he was denied any refunds other than the shipment that didn't show up. The seller shuttered his account and my grandfather had already gotten rid of the boxes so I couldn't even try and mail him a letter about buying more to finish the powerwall properly. Now I'm trying to get him some of his money back so he can get cells that will work for him.

He paid $90 for each cell so that's what I'm asking for the 14 good ones. If the buyer is interested in all of them I'll throw in the bad ones with a use at your own risk warning. Winston cells are lithium iron yttrium phosphate (LiFeYPO4) so I don't know how they do with dendrites. Not looking to ship but he is near San Luis Obispo California.

MODEL:TSWB-LYP160AHA-A
Nominal Capacity: 160AH
Operating Voltage: 2.8V~4.0V
Weight:5.6kg±200g
Dimensions:182x70.5×277mm

I tried attaching the photos of the specs but are having problems getting them to upload for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20230418_214800.jpg
    IMG_20230418_214800.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20230418_214755.jpg
    IMG_20230418_214755.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I guess the chipped cell was sent back during the RMA process so there are only the 14 good cells and the low voltage one.

My brother is visiting him soon so shipping might be an option at buyer's expense.

I would have been interested but I'm going to a 96vdc system and would require more than 14. Good luck with the sale, and, bump up!

I would have been interested but I'm going to a 96vdc system and would require more than 14. Good luck with the sale, and, bump up!
Thank you and yeah unless you can find more or these and wanted to add them to it. I just added want to buy two to the title if anyone has any extras that they might be willing to part with, just had that thought as an option today.

Price drop to $80. Trying to recoup most of his investment to get some other cells since tracking down replacements means importing at least ten from China at $300+ each plus shipping.

Last edited:
They didn't come with any, the seller had them for sale but they were aluminum and crudely made so I had planned on fabbing something out of copper wire he has. I had planned on getting stainless studs and nuts from AliExpress but haven't found out the details on the thread pitch other than M8 with the shipping mishap.

Back