diy solar

diy solar

You’re never too old to install the entire system by hand.

Jennifer

Wow, I hope I have his energy when I’m his age…. Full Signature Solar system by hand. Pretty sad his building inspectors required him to go 16” centers on his racking, they obviously have no idea how that ruins his bi-facial recovery, typical politician idiots.

Very empowering video..... NOTE, not embedded, click on the video to open in Youtube.

Last edited:
Wow, I hope I have his energy when I’m his age…. Full Signature Solar system by hand. Pretty sad his building inspectors required him to go 16” centers on his racking, they obviously have no idea how that ruins his bi-facial recovery, typical politician idiots.

Very empowering video.

I guess he didn’t want people seeing it??

Should I click on where it says “Watch on YouTube” in your post ?

That hyperlink should be underlined, oh wait, it is ?.

Should I click on where it says “Watch on YouTube” in your post ?

That hyperlink should be underlined, oh wait, it is ?.
The note was not there originally. It was added later.
Forgive us for not be omniscient.

The note was not there originally. It was added later.
Forgive us for not be omniscient.
Does omniscient mean the same thing as “unable to read”? ?

Yes, sorry, the note was added afterwards, I didn’t realize I had to stare it originally. ?

He was allowed to use wooden mounts and posts on a ground mount and be authorized by his AHJ? I can't even imagine how nice that would be.

Not bad. I'm 67 and I did almost all my system myself. I did have help installing the 16 panels on the shop roof but it has 17 ft eaves and that just isn't a one man job, even if you're young. Racking the batteries is a little bit of a pain by yourself but I do have an apollo lift so it wasn't terrible. Honestly it didn't seem that bad. But then I run a 90 acre working cattle ranch and call myself semi-retired - LMAO! Work cows a few days and installing solar seems pretty easy. :ROFLMAO:

I can kinda figure out their logic. I suspect you can as well. But I don't want to start that whole conversation here yet again! ;)

So the solar code, construction code, electrical code AHJ inspector decided to allow wood to be used on a ground mount solar array instead of UL certified engineer stamped solar mounts because he, the inspector, decided to just turn it into a wall or roof and apply those rules instead?

I would love an inspector like that, regardless of ruining my bifacial mount plans. That guy in the video still saved a ton not having to use engineered racks.

Don't get me wrong. I think his mounts look gorgeous and I'm personally fine with them.

So the solar code, construction code, electrical code AHJ inspector decided to allow wood to be used on a ground mount solar array instead of UL certified engineer stamped solar mounts because he, the inspector, decided to just turn it into a wall or roof and apply those rules instead?

I would love an inspector like that, regardless of ruining my bifacial mount plans. That guy in the video still saved a ton not having to use engineered racks.

Don't get me wrong. I think his mounts look gorgeous and I'm personally fine with them.

Because of this video I've decided I'm just going to make a "shed" and then mount my panels on the shed. Our inspectors are pretty easygoing here but my town is growing quickly and it's bound to get harder to get permits for projects like this.

Back